Another week, another update.
One of the things I see constantly on the suggestions forum is the ability to gather resources from outside of dungeons, but one thing that always held me back from doing so is that, unless those resources are limited in some way, they become overabundant. But if they're limited, some jerk might just go around and collect everything by themself before anyone else has a chance to do so, which isn't nice or fun. So after thinking about it for a while, I decided we might as well add a new resource system to help counter-act such a problem. Which leads us to two new 'stats'; Physical Stamina and Mental Stamina.
These two are resources. As of this update, only one is ever affected; Physical Stamina is drained when you use the new woodcutting axes. Yes, you can now chop down all those lovely trees you see for wood, and get wood depending on the type of tree, as long as you have the stamina, and an axe. I like this solution because it doubles as a roleplaying system, in a way. You'll get tired, and have to take a break, maybe eat a meal, before you can get back to work. Trees won't be immediately chopped down; they can be gathered from so many times until they're reduced to a stump. That stump will regrow eventually, about 12 in-game hours later. I wouldn't think about it too much, honestly.
I imagine these stats could be ported to a number of other in-game activites, like cleaning up the battle scars of a Black Beast attack. If you have any ideas for current or new things to consume this stamina, feel free to post them. 1.18 New Equipment Items
- 10 new items have been added to the loot table.
- Rarities of new items are 6 to 9.
- Added two new resource statistics; Physical Stamina and Mental Stamina.
- These are represented by a green and blue circle on the character bar. The more full the circle is, the more you have available.
- The maximum values of these are equal to your base VIT and base WIL respectively.
- Both recover every hour and when you eat a meal. The amount recovered of each depends on the food's HP Regen and FP Regen respectively.
- You can now craft woodcutting axes at forges. You can use these axes when facing most trees to gather wood from them. Axes have a certain 'swing speed' and durability that will cause them to break after so many uses. (Note that you can't cut down some trees, usually those in towns.)
- Cutting down a tree requires a woodcutting axe and physical stamina.
- After cutting at the tree for a short time, you will collect wood depending on the type of tree it is.
- Collecting enough wood from a tree will cause it to be chopped down. While in this state, you can't gather wood from it. Chopped down trees will reappear over time.
- You can now upgrade guns at blacksmiths. The Power upgrade of guns applies uniquely; it will spread over multiple rounds, similar to the damage received from your SKI stat. New Preference Setting
- You can now select 'Smart' as an option for Mouse Click Movement. While in this mode, the game will not attempt to move you if you have windows such as character or inventory screens open. New Trait
- 1 new trait has been added; Maneuver: Ambidexterity lets you choose which weapon (main or sub) you will use for various skills, as long as both weapons are valid for that skill. Bonder Medals
- Bonder medals have been added. If you fulfill the conditions for the medals already, talk to Medaru Jiisan in Oniga. Item Description Improvements
- A variety of things about the item description window have been improved.
Trade & Inventory Improvements
- The window is now a little taller, making it easier to see certain tooltips.
- Attack range for weapons is now displayed.
- Weapon 'Damage Type' parameter can now be hovered over to show the original damage type, and it now correctly displays the weapon's current damage type (IE, if the weapon's damage type changed due to weapon customization parts.)
- Armor 'Weight' parameter can be hovered over for a breakdown of the Base and Mod, as with weapons.
- Gun 'Rounds' paramtere can be hovered over for a break down of the Base and Mod, like other weapon parameters.
- Set Item names can be hovered over for a breakdown of what the set will do when enough items of that set are equipped.
- Weapon-type information (such as About Guns, etc.) is now stored in a more flexible manner.
- Updated the weapon-type information for guns to include how they interact with your SKI stat and Power upgrades.
- Added weapon-type information for bows that includes how their Hit is reduced in melee range.
- Added weapon-type information for daggers to show they can be equipped by all classes.
- Several things have been added or changed to these in order to improve player experience.
Status Effect Icons
- Removed redundant updating of the item list when adding or removing items to the Trade Box.
- Better item sorting for several categories. (Example; Keys are now in the Home category.)
- Added filter buttons to the trade window to help navigate large inventories.
- Added a baker's dozen or so new status effect icons to the game, courtesy of Ryu-Kazuki. Tome Icons
- Added new icons for Flamberg, Zeroraid, Fullgust, and Blacksand tomes, courtesy of Cecil. Adjusted
- Yomidori's effect on Hit is now displayed in the attack forecast. Adjusted
- Multifront and Widespin now display an attack forecast for each target it will hit. In addition, Widespin will properly display its Hit penalty in the Attack Forecast. Adjusted
- The following status effects now stack on an individual-causer basis, due to the nature of their effects;
- Marked For Death
- Auto-Hit (Soul Shot)
- Covering Fire
- Face-icons displayed in the player bar are now wrapped in the portrait border to make them look prettier. Adjusted
- Redundant recovery messages when an item is used have been removed, since that information is displayed automatically now. Adjusted
- Divine weapon enchantment effect changed to +2 Power, +5 Critical, +5 Accuracy, -2 Weight. (If existing weapons are not affected by this change, please post a bug report after you have made absolutely sure.) Adjusted
- Arena Combatants now use Gravestone only if they aren't within effect range of another one, and only if it's been 2 or more rounds since their last use. Adjusted
- Weapon selection for skills has been changed to a more consistent process; if the main weapon fits the criteria, it will be always be used. Otherwise, the sub-weapon will, if it fits the criteria. So in instances where you are wielding the same weapon type in each hand, put the weapon you want to be used for skills in the main hand. Adjusted
- Restored the game's program icon. It probably also looks nicer on Windows 7 than before. Adjusted
- Toggle skills can now be put into the battle bar; activating turns them on and off, as you'd expect. Adjusted
- Wraithguard now reduces damage by 30% (from 50%). Adjusted
- Painproof's HP cost has been reduced to 15% (from 25%).
* Bug Fixes
- Charm's status effect description has been updated to reflect its new function.
- Fixed an issue where Earthbound Fog and Mercalan Mist were preventing several functions, such as Youkai target declaration and checking statuses. (Checking statues remains forever blocked by Mist skills, however.)
- Fixed an issue where Riagri was completing too quickly, making it possible for AIs to avoid the projectiles.
- Fixed a bug where Fortune Feather's activation was behaving incorrectly when checking if you were Weak or Resist versus certain elements.
- Fixed a bug where Bonder was missing 5% of its FAI growth.
- Fixed a bug where Youkai gifts were failing to drop from ore veins most of the time.
- Fixed a bug where Ritual Sword's ritual summoning was causing cloning.
- Fixed a bug where Ritual Sword was not using the correct weapon when using more than one Sword-type weapon.
- Fixed a bug where Infernal Summon was infernally summoning non-Bonded Youkai.
- Fixed a bug where Youkai were gaining friendship even when they weren't summoned.
- Fixed a bug where equipment items without any special effect properties weren't showing their Customization slots in the item description window.
- Fixed a bug where monsters were aiming Stone Dragon a bit too far away from their intended target.
- Fixed a bug where Combat Text, Window Flash, and Chat Filter preferences were not saving.
- Fixed a bug where Arena Combatants could spawn with items that normally shouldn't generate, such as boss weapons.
- Fixed a bug where Black Bubble was not damaging enemies inside of a Sanctuary.
- Fixed a bug where Skip and other 0 Momentum skills would take 1 Momentum in Stylish mode.
- Fixed a bug where Invocations were not receiving Momentum cost reductions from Stylish mode.
- Fixed a bug where Invocations were not receiving Repeat Action penalties (not that it matters).
- Fixed a bug where Medaru Jiisan forgot to give out medals for Hexer, Priest, and Bonder.
- Fixed a bug where Fruit of Talentlessness wasn't unequipping invalid weapons and itembelt slots.
- Fixed a bug where Warning Shot wasn't receiving Momentum penalties from Repeat Action.
- Fixed a bug where the Show Unusable Skills setting wasn't working properly when set to Off.
- Fixed a bug where Aliagmato was not using the correct range of the skill when enchanted with Galren (due to an issue involving size checking when simulating attack patterns).
- Fixed a bug where AI associates weren't facing towards the target of their skills and attacks.
to learn how to install and play the game!
Or click here
to view the game's hub page and learn about it, see screenshots, who's playing, and more!