So, it's been a little while since our last update. The reason, of course, being those woeful computer troubles. But the clouds have parted and now the light shines on another update. A rather plump one, at that!
First, we have a new Summoner promoted class, which brings all existing classes to having two promoted classes each. I think, for the near future, I'm going to shift focus away from class additions, and work on other things. We're in a good spot and everyone's nicely represented. That said, I have every intention of adding many more classes, so class lovers need fear not. To go along with the new class, a large number of changes have been made to Youkai and things surrounding them.
We also have a large number of gameplay related changes, some balance related, and some adding new functionality to existing skills. Balance changes are of course intended to make things that people find frustrating more capable of management and just make things more fun and varied overall. A jewel is more interesting to look at when it has many facets to it.
But with that all out of the way, the notes are below, so read them if you want to know what's up!
Bonder - A new Summoner promoted class, the Bonder, has been added. Bonders, like their name suggests, favor bonding with a small number of Youkai. Though that bond, the Youkai and the Bonder work in harmony, bringing out the potential in each. To a Bonder, Youkai are not only tools of power, but irreplacable friends.
- Added 12 new skills belonging to this class.
New Preference Settings - Added 2 new settings to the preference menu.
- Combat Text - While on, all combat related text will be displayed in the main chat box. While off, it will only display in the battle tab.
- Chat Filter - While on, replaces most curse words with Sigrogana Legend appropriate words. Turn it on if you hate curse words or just want the authentic Sigrogana Legend experience.
Stylish PvP - You can now request that the 'style mode' of a PvP match be Stylish. This is the same as the Stylish mode found in (ahem) Stylish dungeons. Please refer to this topic if you are unfamiliar with what that means.
Sound Effects - Added sound effects for summoning Youkai and for missed attacks.
Adjusted - Charm now behaves differently. Instead of causing those affected to be treated as your allies, you now take reduced damage from enemies you have charmed equal to LV%. (Essentially, it behaves as a reversed Hunted, which increases damage you take from the causer by a percentage.) The following abilities that inflict Charm have changes listed next to them.
- Wink; No longer has level restrictions. Charm LV is equal to half of Lilu's level.
- Black Rose; Charm LV is equal to half of Wawa's level.
- Alluring Beauty; No changes.
- Rose Whip; Charm LV is 15. (Existing items may not be affected.)
- Papilion Butterflies; Charm LV, if Charm is inflicted, is 10 instead of 3.
Adjusted - Youkai skills have received a large number of adjustments.
- Damage formula now follows this pattern: [Stat] + [half of Youkai LV]. (The only exception to this is Byakko's Thunder Claw, which deals Stat + Youkai LV.)
- FP cost now follows this pattern; [Base Cost] + [half of Youkai LV].
The following Youkai skills have been changed into Spells. Note that Evoke skills do not receive damage bonuses from items that would boost Spells, nor do they receieve Power bonuses from Tome weapons. This change simply makes Silence a more dangerous status for Summoner classes and may force them to summon the Youkai in question if they want the skill to be used. Without further ado;
- Fire Wail (Nerifian)
- Wink (Huggessoan)
- Ruby Beam (Isespian)
- Apodis (Mercalan)
- Black Rose (Huggessoan)
- Hunter Wind (Sylphid)
- Cresyr (Aquarian)
- Fairy Lance (Mercalan)
- Frostbite (Aquarian)
- Whirlpool (Aquarian)
- Shatter Beam (Isespian)
- Deathtouch (Huggessoan)
Adjusted - Youkai friendship has received several adjustments.
- Chance for Youkai gifts to drop from ore nodes increased to 3% (from 1%).
- Friendship gain for gifts the Youkai's race prefers increased to 5x normal value (from 2x).
- Friendship now increases by 0.2 if a Youkai is summoned when a battle is won.
- Experience points acquired by the Youkai is now increased by 1% for every point exceeding 60 Friendship. (At max Friendship, this is a 40% increase.)
- The friendship bar in the Youkai Contract Manager now changes colors depending on if you are below or above the threshold with which they can ignore orders. (This is also the indicator for if a Youkai is a Bonded Youkai.)
Adjusted - Changed something in the attack power calculation to simplify something. If you notice any irregular damage values with skills that require specific weapon types, please report it.
Adjusted - Dullahans no longer have to fulfill the armor type requirement to unlock the Kensei and Evoker classes (namely because they can't).
Adjusted - Elemental enchant spells now convey a 25% weakness, instead of a 50% weakness. Badges remain the same.
Adjusted - Galren now causes Earth damage you deal to inflict Magnetize for 2 rounds (LV = half of damage dealt).
Adjusted - Sacred Art now also causes the skill it benefits to scale with 100% of your STR instead of only 75% (Wazabane is unaffected by this change because it is not an autohit.)
Adjusted - Heaven Kick's Earth Impact effect has been changed. Damage is still increased by 2 per Rank if you are counted as being enchanted with Galren, but the Knockdown effect will only occur if you have the Galren status effect active. The minimum range has also been increased to 6 (from 5).
Adjusted - Wretched Oil can now only poison enemies within 5 Range.
Adjusted - Exgalfa now fires an additional 2 fireballs if you are enchanted with Nerhaven. The +/- damage effect has been increased to 3*Rank (from 2*Rank).
Adjusted - Bombs can no longer be blocked by the effects of Sanctuary.
Adjusted - Upgrade, while active, gives Bombs the user places a bonus to damage equal to twice its Power bonus, and causes the explosion radius to be doubled.
Adjusted - Using Voidgate on a Frayed Voidgate now causes it to fire and reduces its duration by 1. (Since you do not teleport, there is no Momentum reduction or cost refund.)
Adjusted - You can now use Absorb Veil while Veil Off is active. Doing so will end the status and restore FP equal to half of its LV.
Adjusted - Rapid Kick now only applies half of Ice Point Greaves' damage each kick (instead of 100%).
Adjusted - Ice Point Guard now increases Resistance as well as Defense.
Adjusted - Claret Call, Unmarkable, and Fear can now stack on a per-person basis (so if you inflict Fear and an ally inflicts Fear on the same target, they both apply).
Adjusted - Sun Flare now has an animation.
Adjusted - Board Shaker's Range has been increased to 4 (from 2).
Adjusted - Shatter Beam now deals Earth physical damage equal based on the caster's VIT instead of STR.
Adjusted - Immolate now deals Fire damage equal to the caster's WIL + half of their level (down from 100% of level).
Adjusted - Critical Evade is now increased by half of your DEF.
* Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where you could Blink and Haunting into battlefield tiles occupied by dense objects.
- Fixed a bug where Frosttouch's damage wasn't unresistable.
- Fixed a bug where walking through focus butterflies would give the message to the same person multiple times, and corrected a small typo in the message.
- Fixed a bug where Burning Bracers' damage wasn't unresistable.
- Fixed a bug where Miu would fail to do damage inside of a Sanctuary.
- Fixed a bug where Air Pressure would not give bonus Momentum when hitting a weakness.
- Fixed a bug where Sanguine Star was not receiving the Power bonus from your Sword weapon, and clarified that it does deal damage based on your STR.
- Fixed a bug where Stone Dragon would always appear in front of you instead of the location you targeted.
- Fixed a bug where Needle's detonation was damaging the causer instead of the victim of the status effect.
- Fixed a bug where Black Bolt's bonus effects were being applied even if you didn't have the proper skill ranks.
- Fixed a bug where Youkai friendship wasn't updating when you selected a different contract in the Youkai Contract Manager.
- Fixed a bug where Arena Combatants of the Ghost class could use Death Gaze on targets that were not marked by Claret Call and Feared.
Click here to learn how to install and play the game!
Or click here to view the game's hub page and learn about it, see screenshots, who's playing, and more!