[WIP] Cellsvich Revamp

If you want to make maps for the game, you need look no further than this forum!
LatentSparrow
Novice Member
Novice Member

Re: [WIP] Cellsvich Revamp

Postby LatentSparrow » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:19 am

Thank you Skullcatrons for the insight. I made some adjustments already to basically all the maps I have made so far. These pictures were outdated. However, what you stated got me to add a little more necessary objects. I'm poking around with that "Atlas.dmi (Terrain too)" and I think I'm going to pull a few things from there to work on Cellsvich (Town).

I haven't posted here in a month since the progress really REALLY has slowed down. But anyways, I have a question for you all concerning Fort Arjav and the new Cellsvich Interiors. Would you all like it if the interiors of Cellsvich had the same lighting that Fort Arjav did? It'll follow the day and night cycle indoors while having candles and other objects to light up the room.

Like so:
Last edited by LatentSparrow on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Postby Spoops » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:25 am

LatentSparrow wrote:Thank you Skullcatrons for the insight. I made some adjustments already to basically all the maps I have made so far. These pictures were outdated.

I haven't posted here in a month since the progress really REALLY has slowed down. But anyways, I have a question for you all concerning Fort Arjav and the new Cellsvich Interiors. Would you all like it if the interiors of Cellsvich had the same lighting that Fort Arjav did? It'll follow the day and night cycle indoors while having candles and other objects to light up the room.

Like so:

Personally I don't like the lighting that much in Fort Arjav, its too dark at times, interiors in Cellsvich should be brightly lit like any other standard building.

Lonestar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby Lonestar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:35 am

I agree with Spoops here. The illumination in the Fort is very dark, so I'd prefer them the way it is now.
Also known as: Luxerion

MakeshiftWalrus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby MakeshiftWalrus » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:39 am

I'd like to see the lighting system implemented, but I ageee it's too dark. The solution is to make more lamps to have a larger spread of light. No big patches of shadow.

LatentSparrow
Novice Member
Novice Member

Postby LatentSparrow » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:11 am

Alright, thank you for the feedback. I'll leave it as is then, but probably do a lighting version for the sake of practicing with the Alpha_mod. I personally always wanted a lighting system so lamps and candles actually looked like they did something.

LatentSparrow
Novice Member
Novice Member

Postby LatentSparrow » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:22 am

Just a little test I ended up doing. I'm not an expert at Lighting, especially with only having 32x32 tiles to work with. So.. yeah, I'm a complete newbie at it. Tell me what you think, though.

I tried to work around not making it completely dark like in the Fort (Alpha_mod = 0) and made the darkest corner of the room (top left) with a Alpha_mod level of -55. I'm just not fond of the block-y lighting.

The thing I do like about Lighting as a whole, especially in houses, is that the lights are seen as not being "forever on". There is a difference of a room being well lit and a room with lights being "forever on".

LatentSparrow
Novice Member
Novice Member

Postby LatentSparrow » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Fixed it a little. I think I know what I'm doing now.

Skullcatrons
Intermediate Poster
Intermediate Poster

Postby Skullcatrons » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:36 am

Good job! Just hope that darkness isn't causing any disruption to interaction.

Return to “Mapping”