Skill Cooldowns

Retirement home for old beta fu topics from previous versions.
User avatar
MegaBlues
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 767
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: Skill Cooldowns

Postby MegaBlues » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Dodge has a use, and can't be completely trivialized by spamming the same autohit multiple times in a row. Oh no.

But again, with how magic is set up, it really needs to be adjusted for the system.

User avatar
Snake
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 1816
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:14 pm
Location: O.W.L.S Underground Motherbase - Main Office

Re: Skill Cooldowns

Postby Snake » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Just make FP costs bigger, no need to overwork yourself with cooldowns and stuff.
Last edited by Snake on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image ~ Dev, 08/16/2016.

User avatar
Lolzytripd
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Re: Skill Cooldowns

Postby Lolzytripd » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 am

not every build is gonna have OODLES of fp

and if abilities cost more FP, you wouldn't be able to grind reliably in dungeons

User avatar
Snake
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 1816
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:14 pm
Location: O.W.L.S Underground Motherbase - Main Office

Re: Skill Cooldowns

Postby Snake » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:44 am

Lolzytripd wrote:not every build is gonna have OODLES of fp

and if abilities cost more FP, you wouldn't be able to grind reliably in dungeons


Not on the new system, sort of. If you want to be a basic hit user, you build for it by stacking SKI/LUC. If you wanna be a mage, WIL/(element ATK). If you wanna be autohit spammer, STR (or whatever your weapon's power scaling is)/WIL. There's no trick behind it.

Just because 'your' build won't be able to spam autohits as effectively as an autohit spammer build, you don't agree? Alright.
Image
Image ~ Dev, 08/16/2016.

Kameron8
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:59 am

Re: Skill Cooldowns

Postby Kameron8 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:08 am

Spoops wrote:
Neus wrote:Feel free to list ideas then. I could see 1 round being the default, but what skills would be longer than that? Etc.

Oh, very well then I will.

Graft -> 2 rounds

Mass -> 2 rounds

Lance de Lion -> 3 rounds

Power Gradiation -> 2 rounds

Shuukuchi -> 2 rounds

Charge -> 2 rounds

Checkmate -> 3 rounds

Malmelo - > 3 rounds

Sanctuary -> 3 rounds (Balanced both ways, the priest can wear spiked treads, and the attacker can shove them out in the cooldown period)

Healing Discharge -> 2 rounds

Pheonix -> 2 rounds

Medibot -> 3 rounds

Metalaegis -> 3 rounds(Both of these allow someone to safely kill off the bot without the engineer popping down another one instantaniously)


These are the skills that I'd suggest.


In addition, I'd like to see Aerial Razor, Second Chance, Pulling Shot, Blowback Cannon, and possibly Spell Snatch/Snatch Spell.

User avatar
Rendar
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 1681
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:39 pm
Location: Fantasy Land

Re: Skill Cooldowns

Postby Rendar » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:46 am

Kameron8 wrote:
Spoops wrote:
Neus wrote:Feel free to list ideas then. I could see 1 round being the default, but what skills would be longer than that? Etc.

Oh, very well then I will.

Graft -> 2 rounds

Mass -> 2 rounds

Lance de Lion -> 3 rounds

Power Gradiation -> 2 rounds

Shuukuchi -> 2 rounds

Charge -> 2 rounds

Checkmate -> 3 rounds

Malmelo - > 3 rounds

Sanctuary -> 3 rounds (Balanced both ways, the priest can wear spiked treads, and the attacker can shove them out in the cooldown period)

Healing Discharge -> 2 rounds

Pheonix -> 2 rounds

Medibot -> 3 rounds

Metalaegis -> 3 rounds(Both of these allow someone to safely kill off the bot without the engineer popping down another one instantaniously)


These are the skills that I'd suggest.


In addition, I'd like to see Aerial Razor, Second Chance, Pulling Shot, Blowback Cannon, and possibly Spell Snatch/Snatch Spell.


Aerial Razor has been nerfed into the dirt.
Second Chance is basically phoenix, but no where near as good with Mass on a cooldown.
Yeah okay I can see Pulling shot since it's stupid right now. Once every 2 rounds?
Blowback Cannon literally already has it's own cooldown. It's an arbalest thing.
Snatching weaves should be a bit harder, yes.
Galeon Zviera's turn.
Critical Hit! Galeon Zviera attacks Jammer with Floating Red Letter and hits them!
Jammer takes 8420 Pierce damage.

Tiny Fawn Girl recovered 8550 HP.
Isabelline recovered 8550 HP.


Image

Kameron8
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:59 am

Re: Skill Cooldowns

Postby Kameron8 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:55 am

Rendar wrote:Aerial Razor has been nerfed into the dirt.
Second Chance is basically phoenix, but no where near as good with Mass on a cooldown.
Yeah okay I can see Pulling shot since it's stupid right now. Once every 2 rounds?
Blowback Cannon literally already has it's own cooldown. It's an arbalest thing.
Snatching weaves should be a bit harder, yes.


- Aerial Razor wouldn't have needed to be hit ultra-hard if it had a cooldown.
- All revives should have some cooldown, IMO.
- Pulling shot every 2 rounds is the same as not having a cooldown, since Knockdown Immunity would cover the turn of cooldown.
- The blowback -> Pulling dance is oppressive to deal with, especially if you aren't a literal wall of health and defense.

User avatar
Rendar
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 1681
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:39 pm
Location: Fantasy Land

Re: Skill Cooldowns

Postby Rendar » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:58 am

Then have the C/D on Pulling shot. Don't make Blowback cannon (a skill that actually comes with a cooldown) have an even longer cooldown. Or, if you do, have it removed by Reload Accel
Galeon Zviera's turn.
Critical Hit! Galeon Zviera attacks Jammer with Floating Red Letter and hits them!
Jammer takes 8420 Pierce damage.

Tiny Fawn Girl recovered 8550 HP.
Isabelline recovered 8550 HP.


Image


Return to “Beta Fu Archives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest