Trait Rework

A place to discuss the game in a general fashion that doesn't fit the rest of the forums.
Joseph Jostar
Talkative Poster
Talkative Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:01 pm

Re: Trait Rework

Post by Joseph Jostar » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:22 pm

Neus wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:27 am
Dedicated Cleaner
Req: 15 Skill, Servant Training Trait
You are devoted to doing your best when cleaning. Increases the reputation bonus and maximum possible reputation gained from cleaning up battle damage. Furthermore, when you clean battle damage, it will generate a sparkly shine, which makes it harder for more battle damage to tarnish your nice and clean city street.
Love the idea on this one, but maybe just keep the shine with no effect? Replace it with bonus materials when cleaning or something. The RP idea behind it is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the battle damage is ultimately a positive thing to have since it's a source of scaled EXP for people who might not have the strength to grind Full Clears or the materials to run clinic XP, so lowering its spawn rate is basically a downside that affects the whole server.

User avatar
Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 2432
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:25 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Trait Rework

Post by Spoops » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:40 am

renowner wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:48 pm
We're gonna need less traits per level up, or like, thirty to fifty more traits then. Because with about 5 traits everyone got no longer being needed, no stat traits, no exception health/wil, no agile feet, et cetera. . . . I have a feeling most people are going to have 10 or more traits still left over, even if they buy all the traits they normally wouldn't have, just to spend them.

Which is extra sad when the human racial gives you an extra trait point! Kinda useless then, unless the final trait batch has a BUNCH of traits. Or the total amount of trait points you end up with is lowered.
I believe Dev said he was open to more trait suggestions at some point, at least thats what I heard, so we'll eventually get more and more than we currently have, however right now this is correct, we'll just have to fill 'em out with just about anything for now I suppose.

User avatar
Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5162
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: Trait Rework

Post by Neus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:11 am

Joseph Jostar wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:22 pm
Neus wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:27 am
Dedicated Cleaner
Req: 15 Skill, Servant Training Trait
You are devoted to doing your best when cleaning. Increases the reputation bonus and maximum possible reputation gained from cleaning up battle damage. Furthermore, when you clean battle damage, it will generate a sparkly shine, which makes it harder for more battle damage to tarnish your nice and clean city street.
Love the idea on this one, but maybe just keep the shine with no effect? Replace it with bonus materials when cleaning or something. The RP idea behind it is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the battle damage is ultimately a positive thing to have since it's a source of scaled EXP for people who might not have the strength to grind Full Clears or the materials to run clinic XP, so lowering its spawn rate is basically a downside that affects the whole server.
I mean, if people are just using the raids for clean up EXP then that says a lot about the attacks in general. There probably needs to be adjustments made.

User avatar
Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5162
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: Trait Rework

Post by Neus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:12 am

Spoops wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:40 am
renowner wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:48 pm
We're gonna need less traits per level up, or like, thirty to fifty more traits then. Because with about 5 traits everyone got no longer being needed, no stat traits, no exception health/wil, no agile feet, et cetera. . . . I have a feeling most people are going to have 10 or more traits still left over, even if they buy all the traits they normally wouldn't have, just to spend them.

Which is extra sad when the human racial gives you an extra trait point! Kinda useless then, unless the final trait batch has a BUNCH of traits. Or the total amount of trait points you end up with is lowered.
I believe Dev said he was open to more trait suggestions at some point, at least thats what I heard, so we'll eventually get more and more than we currently have, however right now this is correct, we'll just have to fill 'em out with just about anything for now I suppose.
People can post trait suggestions in the suggestions forum if they want. I'm open to adding more. Just keep in mind what I've added and what I've removed when coming up with trait ideas if you want me to consider them seriously.

User avatar
Lolzytripd
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Re: Trait Rework

Post by Lolzytripd » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:17 pm

Neus wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:12 am
Spoops wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:40 am
renowner wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:48 pm
We're gonna need less traits per level up, or like, thirty to fifty more traits then. Because with about 5 traits everyone got no longer being needed, no stat traits, no exception health/wil, no agile feet, et cetera. . . . I have a feeling most people are going to have 10 or more traits still left over, even if they buy all the traits they normally wouldn't have, just to spend them.

Which is extra sad when the human racial gives you an extra trait point! Kinda useless then, unless the final trait batch has a BUNCH of traits. Or the total amount of trait points you end up with is lowered.
I believe Dev said he was open to more trait suggestions at some point, at least thats what I heard, so we'll eventually get more and more than we currently have, however right now this is correct, we'll just have to fill 'em out with just about anything for now I suppose.
People can post trait suggestions in the suggestions forum if they want. I'm open to adding more. Just keep in mind what I've added and what I've removed when coming up with trait ideas if you want me to consider them seriously.
It's scaled experience So you will often see level 55+ get their last few levels from a black beast raid because

renowner
Novice Member
Novice Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:09 pm

Re: Trait Rework

Post by renowner » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:07 pm

I usually clean up when i'm already level 60, just because its very easy to master my classes when i'm getting 49,998 or whatever from each cleaned spot.

User avatar
Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 2432
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:25 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Trait Rework

Post by Spoops » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:33 am

I'm quite surprised by all the trait suggestion threads to suddenly pop up, now I'm kind of skeptical on posting my own since there's so many. :?

Regardless I think I'll do so anyways.

User avatar
WaifuApple
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:57 pm
Location: The Void, Somewhere.
Contact:

Re: Trait Rework

Post by WaifuApple » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:37 am

There is a lot to make up for so the more trait suggestions the better.
Image
I have nothing useful to contribute to this signature.

User avatar
ValkyrieSkies
Novice Member
Novice Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Re: Trait Rework

Post by ValkyrieSkies » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:53 pm

There's uh, not enough traits to actually spend points on anymore.

Post Reply