Frequently Asked Questions

A place to discuss the game in a general fashion that doesn't fit the rest of the forums.
Blissey
Social Poster
Social Poster

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Blissey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:14 pm

A lot of new players have common questions regarding where they can do what. Therefore, to assuage all these queries and assist the querent in properly acquiring these services, I decided to formulate this guide as succinctly and comprehensive as possible. If any new queries arise, please leave them under this post CONSTRUCTIVELY and WITHOUT DERAILING/FLAMING in this TOPIC. FAQ is submit to change. If you're a querent, please delete your post after your queries have been answered, thanks.

Once you've finished creating your character and molding their personality(es), you're ready to head into Cellsvich. Once inside, to your immediate top left, you'll see a blonde woman with red eyes. She'll help you get started.

[2] Where can I sell things?
The mahogany building in Cellsvich with the golden bag is where Zeo is. His blase character will gladly pawn the items you gain from dungeons for half the in-game retail price.
[2b] Alternatively, you can donate $5 to Devourer of Souls (see: Neus on forums) to acquire your own shopkeeper from Asago Bank, in which you can in-characterly or out-of-characterly sell the items you find for whatever price you desire, from 1 to 1 million. Here's the donation page: donation.html.

[3] Can I change my character's icon image? If so, where?
Dormeho, the southernmost port-town on the Sigroganan continent is home to the Vanity Mirror, and an armory. By entering this pink building below the Asago Bank, you can make a sharp left (your left) and dip into either of the changing rooms. There, for a price of 100 murai, you can change your icon's appearence, and even save up to two oufits. The murai fee doesn't apply if you're still level 1.
[3b] Alternatively, you can donate to Devourer of Souls (see: Neus on forums) a minimum of $5 to receive 500 Asagorians, in which you can later buy your own Vanity Mirror for 100 Asagorians at Asago Bank.
[3c] Your character's description image or described image does not have to immediately coincide with your character's icon, although this is as suggested as possible.

[4] Where is the Summoner's Door?
There are two places where you can go into a Summoner's door: Cellsvich and Oniga. Cellsvich's Summoner door is immediately left of Air (the starter NPC). You need to have the Contract ranked up and Summoner equipped as main class or sub class. Oniga's Summoner door is left of the World and Heaven Inn, which is northmost of the Mage's Guild (all Mage's Guild look like very bland, concrete buildings).

[5] Which race is good with X class?
Choose at your own discretion, but this doesn't necessarily mean you don't have to follow the community's advice. All races go well with most classes, depending on their racial percentage growths, and their bonus racial points.

[6] I don't know what to do in the tutorial, help!

The woman sitting on the throne (Pink, to your north/front) can help you run through the tutorial. By following everything she says, you unlock ways to get out of the tutorial as soon as possible. Please read and choose wisely. There's no rush; your character is automatically saved all the time.

[7] I need additional help. Where do I go?
http://www.sl2.wikia.com/ is a good site to look up Lore and the Server Rules. Please read these and familiarize yourself as much as possible. THE SERVER RULES TAKE PRIORITY. Also, you can look at showthread.php?3868-Lore-Questions for additional Lore that may not be on the Wiki. Our Wiki Queen, Alicia Jewel (and company), updates it as soon as they can. Scavenge through the wiki, you never know what you might find.

[8] Where can I make a suggestion and/or bug report?
Please look forumdisplay.php?29-Sigrogana-Legend-2 <--- here.
Please note that your suggestions are not guaranteed to being implemented into the game (and if they are, sometimes they're shaped differently). Please also note that Devourer of Souls is the only one working on this game as the sole coder. Other players also contribute to the game with donations and art work, and so can you!

[9] Is Roleplaying mandatory?

Not technically. As long as you don't disturb the roleplay environment and keep to yourself, you're golden. However, if you ever feel the urge to roleplay, feel free to jump in. Remember: roleplay is a pass time, not something to be taken extremely seriously.

[10] Is X class able to beat X class?
Every class can virtually defeat each other, and even itself. It's like Rock, Paper, Scissors. Every class has its pros and cons. This is further outlined on the Wiki.

[11] This game lags so much! What's going on?

It's best if you don't complain about it too often. The game lags due to the Shell Server it's hosted on, and is subject to crashes depending on the weight of the server. There could also be memory leaks in the code, which also contribute to this issue. Lag is always present, no matter what; there's no way around it.

[12] What is OIR?
OIR stands for omit if repeated. This is usually used when lag takes over the server for a while and your message may come through for others, but not yourself. This can also be used if someone who didn't really see your message, but you did, needs to see it. DO NOT use this as an excuse to spam your unseen (or perhaps already seen) messages.

[13] What are the max levels for characters and classes?
The max level for your character(s) is 60. All classes, even promoted classes, is 35. Promoted classes are treated as level 20 when unlocked. Base classes are treated as level 1 when starting out.
[13b] Youkai can level up to level 45, but with Grand Summoner's New Heights skill, they can level up to 60. Please note: if your Youkai(s) level(s) are one above your character level, the amount of focus points necessary to maintain them will be hextupled.

[14] What's the best way to gain murai?
Dungeon grinding and selling your items to Zeo or other players.

[15] Where can I go train/kill stuff?
If you've spoken to the blonde woman with red eyes wearing a trench coat at the gates of Cellsvich, then you probably know where you're headed. Still not sure? Well, after speaking to Air, you can start training in any of the low level dungeons or head straight to the Jammer Caverns, which is directly to your left of Cellsvich. I suggest speaking to Air though, because she has a lot of information to provide, along with Asago Bank.

[16] Where can I craft/forge stuff?
There are a few places readily available to you to craft things, free of charge, without many hindrances. First stop is the Mage's Guild, where you can alchemize and enchant things and work your way up the skill-level ladder. Alchemy Stations are used for making things like potions, miscellaneous items, and even furniture, whilst the Enchanting Altar in the Mage's Guild is used to enchant weapons or armor.

To forge weapons, you must visit a forge; this is evidently depicted by the sword on the building. Forges can be found in Cellsvich, Dormeho, and Oniga. In Oniga, the forge is much more obscure, being a little more difficult to locate. The forge in Cellsvich is a white building with a red roof, while the forge in Dormeho is a pink building below the Asago Bank.

To cook, you can visit the local Cellsvich pub, a pink building with arched windows and a grey, slanted roof. You can use the kitchen and sink by circumventing the counter and hoping Risu won't smash a vase over your head.

[17] How does crafting work?
showthread.php?3483-Update-Log&p=59177& ... #post59177 <-- Please refer to this thread post, which has how crafting works outlined.

[18]Another player is harassing me ICly/OOCly, what do I do?!

If another player is harassing you ICly (see, via using OOC brackets/braces in the IC channel), immediately log the information via screenshots. Afterwards, call on a GM and send them the screenshots via OOC, and they will handle it to the best of their abilities in accordance to the rules. If another player is harassing you OOCly, then take a screenshot, and report it to a GM. The same rules apply. Now, if another player is harassing you ICly but not using OOC brackets/braces, then that's up to your character to deal with.

[19] I can't find anyone to Role-Play with! What are some places I can find other Role-Play oriented players?
Cellsvich, the capitol of the Sigroganan Continent, is your first stop when it comes to roleplay; usually around the square, many people congregate here. There's also Risu's Pub, which is directly west (left) of the Cellsvich water pit. Sometimes people are there, sometimes they're not. The Badlands Arena is also a great place to start, as well. The Badlands Arena is a tented icon located on the overworld map.

Those are the main places to suss out roleplay as of recently.

[20]Another player just RP attacked me, and is being a jerk in this/other fashions! Who do I call for help?!
Here's an important note to follow: if a player RP attacks you and it's legitimate, you, as the target, have the option to escape or to face the attacker head on. You don't have to accept a PVP request if you don't want to. However, if your character is legitimately unable to dismiss the attacker in a proper fashion, your character will be attacked, and they will have to defend themselves. Nothing can be done about IC actions, aside from a few exceptions that breach the rules and lore of the game.

Who would you call for help? Well, the other characters in the area, if you're lucky enough. There are also the Guards, who you can signal (or someone else can signal) if you're being assaulted. They're allowed to appear out of no where to perform their duties.
Last edited by Blissey on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently

Blissey
Social Poster
Social Poster

Re: Frequently Asked Questions (Please Sticky)

Post by Blissey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:15 pm

FAQ Continued

[21]How does level play in my experience gain?

If you're level 45, you won't receive a penalty from monsters who are higher level than you. However, if you're below 45 and fight monsters both 10 levels below and above you, you will receive a penalty. The same is true even if you're level 45 and higher, but only if the monsters are 10 levels below you.
Last edited by Blissey on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blissey
Social Poster
Social Poster

Re: Frequently Asked Questions (Please Sticky)

Post by Blissey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Updated 08/23/2014.

Will update links once the new forums are accommodated. Will also update FAQ content eventually. GMs have free jurisdiction in editing this as they see fit in accordance to assisting new players (but I don't count on it).