Trait Rework

A place to discuss the game in a general fashion that doesn't fit the rest of the forums.
Senna

Re: Trait Rework

Post by Senna » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:26 pm

You see, normally I know how resistible works since I do abuse Ether, but this is kinda disgusting beyond believe. I did two tests with this character's current build. (I added nothing to it, just test it as it is). The damage I did with them is flat out disgusting for a spammable move. (Yes, I know its damage resistance is bug, which is why this was the perfect test time for it) With Griest, I did.

Without it, I did.

(With Ki awoken and Griest)

This is deadass MUCH better than Invitation that requires you to be at a very low health to use and you can only use it once since it also unmarks (Twice if your kiting game is godly) and invitation does 500 damage max, then is reduce by reduction so you can do around 200-350 damage average. (The only other one shots I know are Evoker spells and that takes at least 3-4 turns to prepare. Anyone can roll up and silence--burst you down before that.)

Now, let's get to the reduction part. Its normally base on def percentage, yeah? Someone with 50% damage reduction would only take half, yeah? Probably a little less thanks to other reductions like slash/blunt resistance and armor. So lets round that off to 60% damage reduction.

(I'mma use Google Cal for this just to ensure I get the numbers right)

I'll be taking 40% worth of damage from the full total.

With just Griest, this person is taking around 290 damage..As someone with decent defenses and the attacker still has 7 more momentum to use and the fact that can use it again...Which ties into this.

Without it, they're taking around 210 worth of damage. (That's already +500 in one turn against someone with decent def)

With Ki awoken and Griest

Picture if someone actually builds towards this? My build is only build towards spamming and abusing fire tiles/Blast meme, yet I have results like this. I like the idea of the trait but it's kinda TOO good for something that needs little set up with massive burst. Perhaps you should add a great CD? Or let it use half scaled strength instead? Because someone that has 40% def reduction, dodge build, will 80% be OTK if they don't invest in a lot of health. It's too good for something with little drawbacks or preparations.

Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neus » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:55 am

Joseph Jostar wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:42 pm
i know you don't worry about the numbers too much since we'll assuredly complain about any problems but have you considered at least running some basic math on things before they go live? I don't mean to be rude, but people were already insisting the damage on grapple was too high for ignoring defenses, and that's only 85% to hit. If we assume someone uses both moves with a STR of, say, 50 (just a bit low if you're building this as shaitan tbh), that's 85 on a regular black rend, 115 on a grapple, and 435 damage on an eclipse.

Someone dedicated could probably run 60-70 with Dragon King equips, cranking that up to an obscene 585, not only making the tile behind them a death zone but making them capable of chunking most health off of even the beefiest tank in a single turn if they've got an ally to swap position with them... and that's just with the base 7M.

The restriction on your direction is an interesting idea, really, but I think we've proven time and again that multipliers are just obscene in scenarios like this.
The idea was that it would be situational because of the direction facing restriction, but it wasn't enough of one to justify the damage. I've changed the effect to this instead;

Increases Black Rend's FP cost by 5 and changes it to target the tile directly behind you. If you use it on an enemy without changing the way you are facing and have exactly 7 Momentum, the damage it deals is doubled and ignores Evasion.

adamkad1
Novice Member
Novice Member

Post by adamkad1 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:43 pm

now its actually oppurtunistic move, i like it

Lolzytripd
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Lolzytripd » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:12 pm

Could you change it to above 7, a fluer ripost will really mess with your chances to get it off.

Snake
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Snake » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Riposte doesn't happen from behind, bucko. But it doesn't hurt to change the condition to M <= 7
Image ~ Dev, 08/16/2016.

Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:12 pm

I'd like to see a little something something for Oracles. The ability to spend Mental Stamina to force the Voices of the Past Trait to activate in a certain area.

As far as I know, they can actively look back, I can't imagine them being much use to certain peoples if it's all random.

Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Spoops » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:12 pm
I'd like to see a little something something for Oracles. The ability to spend Mental Stamina to force the Voices of the Past Trait to activate in a certain area.

As far as I know, they can actively look back, I can't imagine them being much use to certain peoples if it's all random.
As far as I know, the power of oracles is not a certainty, that said its the more so listening to the past than seeing it too, so both powers can be entirely unpredictable.

Noxid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Noxid » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:36 pm

A slight problem with black eclipse is that sometimes the auto targeting will turn you to target another enemy thus stopping you from getting the bonus damage. Is there a way this can be disabled?

Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neus » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:41 pm

Noxid wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:36 pm
A slight problem with black eclipse is that sometimes the auto targeting will turn you to target another enemy thus stopping you from getting the bonus damage. Is there a way this can be disabled?
This won't prevent you from getting the bonus damage as long as you target the correct enemy.

Lolzytripd
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Lolzytripd » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Dev what he's saying is the games auto target system, which will always go for a specific tile WILL force turn you, breaking the skill if you have multiple enemies around you.