Lore Questions: February (2016)

An archive of lore questions. Answered every month.
User avatar
Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4989
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Lore Questions: February (2016)

Postby Neus » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:47 am

This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)

User avatar
Trexmaster
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:48 pm
Location: A dungeon.

Re: Lore Questions: February (2016)

Postby Trexmaster » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:37 am

So, Pale Lauders explode in reaction to high temperatures. About how powerful is this explosion on average? It might be easier to just compare it to the standard Bombs that already exist, I dunno.

How large/long are Pale Lauders, and how much, if ever, do they vary in length?

Does a Pale Lauder retain its explosive properties after death? If so, for how long?

I already asked this but, it wasn't answered (and I'm unsure if you didn't just miss it). How long is a Pale Lauder's lifespan? (as in how long can they live for assuming they can get the focus they need to live)

How much focus does a Pale Lauder require to live, and for how long can they survive outside a host?

Are Pale Lauders sentient? For example, would one endlessly try to jump into something it couldn't, like a Mechanation, until it died from lack of focus? Depending on their lifespan, this could be expanded to 'can they eventually learn'?

How long does it take for a Pale Lauder to reproduce? Is it just a matter of them consuming enough focus, then they can split?

How do Pale Lauders interact with their own kind, if at all? (i.e. friendly, agressively, not at all)

What are the Empire's views on Pale Lauders? Would owning one be considered illegal? Raising them?

User avatar
Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 2208
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:25 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: Lore Questions: February (2016)

Postby Spoops » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:37 pm

Is it possible to take a miniature planet or sun from out of a black door? Or move them in any way.

How are they created? Does it have something to do with the mini solar systems in those areas?

Would a miniature planet with life on it be able to moved in any way? What if they were moved outside the black door if that was possible? Would life remain or die off immediately?

Is the intelligent life on those miniature planets modernized? (As in do they have societies similar to Sigrogana or more tribal based, etc.)

Does the intelligent life on those miniature planets look similar to Humans in any way?

User avatar
Egil
Social Poster
Social Poster
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Re: Lore Questions: February (2016)

Postby Egil » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:55 pm

Has Iahsus always been in the sky? If not, when did people as a whole first notice it?
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

Image

Image

User avatar
Clockworkers Doll
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:50 am
Location: Mom's Basement
Contact:

Re: Lore Questions: February (2016)

Postby Clockworkers Doll » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:07 am

I've heard Llarian Scar's might be the souls of the dead trapped within them. Is that true?
If so, would it be possible for a soul trapped within such to be able to remember bits of it's past life?
If not, what are they composed of? Focus? Some element unknown to us? Doesn't have to be specific.
My name is fucking Kyle. It's time to stop.

Image

User avatar
Grandpa
Talkative Poster
Talkative Poster
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Lore Questions: February (2016)

Postby Grandpa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:30 pm

how many licks does it take to get to the center of the various pops in the game? i'm talkin red pops and pumpkin pops and whatever other pops may be hidden within the depths of jammer caves or bandit dens. those tiny planets, too.
Image

User avatar
Snake
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 2152
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:14 pm
Location: O.W.L.S Underground Motherbase - Main Office

Re: Lore Questions: February (2016)

Postby Snake » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:58 am

(Spooky questions, go!)
1- How does 'Haunting' work? Like Blink, but using Lazarus as the 'Void' or is there a trick behind it?
2- How does a 'Ghost' learn how to perform the skill?
3- Can Haunting be abused, or do you risk leaving a part of your body behind each use as I expect it to do?
4- Can an expert 'Ghost' use Haunting by accident in situations like, sleeping and having a nightmare or in extreme dangerous situations and use it by mere 'reflex'?
5- Can an expert 'Ghost' be able to perform 'Umbrakinesis' (Shadow/Darkness Manipulation) to an extent? (To perform a kip-up, using a pulse from their own shadow, for example.)
6- What is a 'Ghost's philosophy about their direct (or not) relation with death in almost all situations? (As in, do they welcome death for power or try to avoid it after grasping its potential? ) Or is their philosophy simply personal and varies from 'Ghost' to 'Ghost'?

(Amen questions, gow!)
7- Can an 'exorcism' weapon grind a Vampire to ashes in one go, or can they safely mist after being butchered by one of those?

(Beep boop questions, gogo!)
8- Besides direct electricity, what else can badly damage a 'Scar'? How fragile are they?
9- Can a 'Scar' be located in another places for more convenience, or are they the 'brain' of the Mechanation?

k im done, too many questions im so sorry dev-- now off to a cardboard box *poof*
Image
Image ~ Dev, 08/16/2016.

User avatar
Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4989
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: Lore Questions: February (2016)

Postby Neus » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:46 am

Trexmaster » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:37 am wrote:So, Pale Lauders explode in reaction to high temperatures. About how powerful is this explosion on average? It might be easier to just compare it to the standard Bombs that already exist, I dunno.

How large/long are Pale Lauders, and how much, if ever, do they vary in length?

Does a Pale Lauder retain its explosive properties after death? If so, for how long?

I already asked this but, it wasn't answered (and I'm unsure if you didn't just miss it). How long is a Pale Lauder's lifespan? (as in how long can they live for assuming they can get the focus they need to live)

How much focus does a Pale Lauder require to live, and for how long can they survive outside a host?

Are Pale Lauders sentient? For example, would one endlessly try to jump into something it couldn't, like a Mechanation, until it died from lack of focus? Depending on their lifespan, this could be expanded to 'can they eventually learn'?

How long does it take for a Pale Lauder to reproduce? Is it just a matter of them consuming enough focus, then they can split?

How do Pale Lauders interact with their own kind, if at all? (i.e. friendly, agressively, not at all)

What are the Empire's views on Pale Lauders? Would owning one be considered illegal? Raising them?


1) About as strong as a roll of firecrackers all exploding at once.
2) They vary. I'd say most are about 12 inches long. Any inconsistencies with the icons in relation to everything else are simply so you can see them.
3) They do, but it will significantly weaken, especially over time.
4) One month.
5) Not much, not long.
6) They're not intelligent. They're very simple minded parasites.
7) It's just a matter of consuming enough focus, although if they take in too much too quickly, it can kill them.
8) They don't.
9) Most likely unless you did it for a very specific, beneficial purpose. It's an undeniable health hazard so you'd have to get any sort of 'raising' approved by the Empire, and if it ever got out, you'd be looking at fines.


Spoops » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:37 pm wrote:Is it possible to take a miniature planet or sun from out of a black door? Or move them in any way.

How are they created? Does it have something to do with the mini solar systems in those areas?

Would a miniature planet with life on it be able to moved in any way? What if they were moved outside the black door if that was possible? Would life remain or die off immediately?

Is the intelligent life on those miniature planets modernized? (As in do they have societies similar to Sigrogana or more tribal based, etc.)

Does the intelligent life on those miniature planets look similar to Humans in any way?


1) The planets are not movable, no.
2) Nothing special here. It's space, they're planets. That's all.
3) No. If life inside the black door could leave, the entire world would be overrun with monsters by now.
4) Have you ever seen that episode of Futurama where Bender tries to play God and he has a bunch of little people living on him? It's kind of like that.
5) No. They look like miniature spatials.

Egil » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:55 pm wrote:Has Iahsus always been in the sky? If not, when did people as a whole first notice it?


It has always been there as long as people can remember. Like the Black Omen, in Chrono Trigger.

Clockworkers Doll » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:07 am wrote:I've heard Llarian Scar's might be the souls of the dead trapped within them. Is that true?
If so, would it be possible for a soul trapped within such to be able to remember bits of it's past life?
If not, what are they composed of? Focus? Some element unknown to us? Doesn't have to be specific.


1) No.
2) No.
3) Llarian scars are carefully crafted cores from trees in the Mechana Forest.

Grandpa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:30 pm wrote:how many licks does it take to get to the center of the various pops in the game? i'm talkin red pops and pumpkin pops and whatever other pops may be hidden within the depths of jammer caves or bandit dens. those tiny planets, too.


1)
2)
3) ?
3) .

Snake » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:58 am wrote:(Spooky questions, go!)
1- How does 'Haunting' work? Like Blink, but using Lazarus as the 'Void' or is there a trick behind it?
2- How does a 'Ghost' learn how to perform the skill?
3- Can Haunting be abused, or do you risk leaving a part of your body behind each use as I expect it to do?
4- Can an expert 'Ghost' use Haunting by accident in situations like, sleeping and having a nightmare or in extreme dangerous situations and use it by mere 'reflex'?
5- Can an expert 'Ghost' be able to perform 'Umbrakinesis' (Shadow/Darkness Manipulation) to an extent? (To perform a kip-up, using a pulse from their own shadow, for example.)
6- What is a 'Ghost's philosophy about their direct (or not) relation with death in almost all situations? (As in, do they welcome death for power or try to avoid it after grasping its potential? ) Or is their philosophy simply personal and varies from 'Ghost' to 'Ghost'?

(Amen questions, gow!)
7- Can an 'exorcism' weapon grind a Vampire to ashes in one go, or can they safely mist after being butchered by one of those?

(Beep boop questions, gogo!)
8- Besides direct electricity, what else can badly damage a 'Scar'? How fragile are they?
9- Can a 'Scar' be located in another places for more convenience, or are they the 'brain' of the Mechanation?

k im done, too many questions im so sorry dev-- now off to a cardboard box *poof*


1) Haunting is a deceptive movement whereby you very quickly step back into mist or fog or behind a tree or whatever, and suddenly move to a target location. The idea is that you move out of sight and in that short period of time where others cannot see you, you reach the target spot.
2) The same way they learn to perform any other skill.
3) No.
4) Probably not.
5) Probably not.
6) This varies from person to person.
7) A vampire turning to ash directly correlates to how strong or weak they are, not what they are misted with, with very few exceptions.
8) They're very sturdy but will break from significant physical trauma, although given they are made from a very strange stone-like wood, inflicting enough physical damage to actually break it is unlikely.
9) You can't move the scar anywhere. It's the brain of the Mechanation and if it's not placed in their head, the Mechanation doesn't work.


Return to “Lore Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DoctorMad and 1 guest