Lore Questions: March (2016)

An archive of lore questions. Answered every month.
User avatar
Ranylyn
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 1428
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:46 am
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

Re: Lore Questions: March (2016)

Post by Ranylyn » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:14 am

Also, how long ago were the Nagas freed, originally? Are we like... one generation later, or was this like, pre-heaven's Contention?
*loud burp*

Cerrik
Novice Member
Novice Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:29 am

Re: Lore Questions: March (2016)

Post by Cerrik » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:44 pm

As with the above question, I have one that relates.

Assuming the generational gap is more than one generation, it means other races on Egwyn would have mated with Nagas. That being said, there's a large anatomical difference between a half-snake person and an Egwynian(?) (EG A felidae and corbie have identifying features, but their internal organs are mostly identical). If they are capable of mating with these mostly human races to continue generations, why did the snake people even go through the process of turning the captured women into nagas for breeding if all races can crossbreed?

If there is no generational gap and the Nagas from Egwyn as the Nagas that were freed by the empire, then I have no questions that weren't already asked previously.

User avatar
Exxy
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: North Carolina, U.S.

Re: Lore Questions: March (2016)

Post by Exxy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:06 pm

^ Building on questions presented by those posted before:

-Can Naga even reproduce with other Races? Are they to be considered sterile unless they 're-do' the ritual that made them a Naga to begin with?
Also Known As:
Diz207, Exxy Izzy

User avatar
Chaos
GM
GM
Posts: 937
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:35 pm
Location: nope

Re: Lore Questions: March (2016)

Post by Chaos » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:23 pm

1. We know that the Beldam Knights help people through the mountains, but what are the Beldam Knights, exactly?
1a. What's the history of the Beldam Knights?
1b. Are there any important figures that are/were Beldam Knights?

2. Boxing Gloves are apparently a thing from Kysei. I would presume, then, that Boxing is a thing in Kysei?
2a. If so, is there any particular summary (I.e. how it works, how long its been around, popularity, etc.) to the sport?

3. What are the identities of Chaturanga's Council members?
3a. How well-protected are they?

4. Hypothetical situation: Snakemen mistake an effeminate man for a woman, so they kidnap him and put 'em through the ritual. What happens?
(Note: Assume the snakemen do not identify the victim's actual gender before the ritual is completely done)

5. Are there villages/towns outside of Chaturanga within Kysei, or is it mostly wild territory?
5a. If so, are there any prominent towns/villages?
Image
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

User avatar
Kavoir
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:55 pm
Location: It Varies,The Best Place on Earth, Canada

Re: Lore Questions: March (2016)

Post by Kavoir » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:50 pm

Do Nagas have Slit eyes?
Do they just look like Humans until you hit the lower half? Do they sometimes have scales on the upper half?
Are Papillons imprisoned if caught by the Karatynn government on principal?
Are different Shatian's Carapace different on some level? If so how? (Like pattern or slight composition changes?)
Does Carapace grow back if you scrap some off if you can? LIke with heated knife?
1,000 Counts of 27.

User avatar
Trexmaster
Posted to Death
Posted to Death
Posts: 758
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:48 pm
Location: A dungeon.

Re: Lore Questions: March (2016)

Post by Trexmaster » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:26 am

Can a Mechanation maintain itself (aka, can it perform the necessary repairs/maintence by itself to survive).

User avatar
Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5090
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: Lore Questions: March (2016)

Post by Neus » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:48 am

Kameron8 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:26 am wrote:What's the proper pronunciation of:
  • Shaitan
  • Hyattr
  • Glykin
  • Kensei
  • Zeran
  • Nairyf
  • Huggessoa
1) Shy Tan
2) Hi Ya Turr
3) Gly (like fly) Kin (like kin)
4) Ken Say
5) Zair An
6) Nair If
7) Hugh Guess Oh Ah

Ranylyn » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:57 am wrote:1) Can Elves in Mersales tell when trouble is brewing in the outside world, at all? I was mainly wondering if they'd be able to pick up on powerful magics or whatnot, giving elves with wanderlust an excuse to take off to investiate "for the greater good" and all.

2) Do ghosts have any sort of vibe to them, in general? Considering the Geistritter essentially exists as a form of anti-magic/supernatural unit and all, it got me thinking about what kind of "feeling" one experienced in magic might get from them and some of their tricks that aren't entirely physical in nature. Do their abilities naturally suppress focus in the air around them, for example?

3) An illusion is simply a spell thay toys with someone's senses, correct? I've recently started to wonder what the limits of illusions as an offensive tool could be. For example, could one be fooled into falling due to feeling like their leg is numb and immobile, despite them actually still having physical control over it? Or are ilusions effectively limited to seeing/hearing/possibly feeling if a skilled enough illusionist pours a ton of effort and focus into it?


EDIT: Fixed some wording to be marginally more clear.
1) Probably not.
2) There's a definite chill and feel to them for those sensitive to them. And no, not really.
3) Yes, an illusion is a spell that messes with senses. An illusion won't be able to affect someone's physiology in that manner however.

Spoops » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:54 pm wrote:What happens to a Dullahan's armor if a piece is broken off? like an arm or leg piece, would it be able to be re-attached or is it just gone forever?

How does lichdom effect void poisoning prior to the person going lich? Assuming the ritual is a success.
It can be repaired just like normal armor, yes.

I'll assume you mean does lichdom at all affect void poisoning that exists before turning into a lich. I might have answered this before but I believe when you turn into a lich, void poisoning is "cured" since you change bodies, but it makes surviving the lich ritual much more difficult.

Tin Foil » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:55 pm wrote:Are there any deities (dead or alive) associated with things such as hunting, and are any of them known?
Breaks the specific question a bit but I'll just say probably but I don't have any details to share at the moment.

Clockworkers Doll » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:44 pm wrote:What are the actual steps to enchanting equipment, if there is any at all? Besides, well, putting it on the alter and screwing around a bit.
Enchanting something fuses it with the catalyst, which has powerful magic in it. It requires a lot of mental focus; when you fail, the catalyst essentially self-destructs into focus, since the magic it was holding dissipates.

damycles » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:26 am wrote:What are all the laws of Sigrogana? As well as the proper procedures for arrest, as well as the rights of the accused (if there are any)
Ask Chaos, sort of breaks the too specific guideline.

Tsundere » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:14 pm wrote:so what happens when naga has babby with a not snake person
naga and human have child?
naga and zeran? naga and wt?

or can they only breed with the snake men
Depends on the gender of the child. Males are always the father's race, females are always a naga.

Ardratz » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:45 pm wrote:Time for a Barrage of Naga Questions:
1: What is their Lifespan?
2: Can they be born or is the only way to become a Naga through that ritual
3: Can they give birth to other races... how do they give birth even, do they lay eggs?
4: Does anything happen to the mentally by becoming a Naga (other then the trauma of literally everything else that happens to them once they become a Naga)
5: Do they have any venom?
6: What exactly happened to the Naga's that went to Egwyn and Gold, how accepted were they, who helped them out the most and so on?
Edit: 7: Can only Humans be turned into Naga's through this ritual?
1) About the same as Wyverntouched.
2) They can be born from a naga mother if the child is female.
3) Gestation.
4) I imagine it would be traumatic for most if you underwent the ritual, but being born a naga is probably not a big deal.
5) No.
6) They were moved to Kaelensia villages. Relatively accepted, probably more so than normal foreigners.
7) Yes.

Stenzio » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:51 pm wrote:To add this Barrage of Questions:

1: Can corrupted Humans be put through this ritual to become Nagas? Or only normal Humans? (Piggybacking of Ard's last question; albeit more specifically)
2: When did these kidnappings take place? And when were the prisoners of the Snakemen saved? Any specific or generalized time frames on these?
3: This will sound relatively weird but feels necessary; what is the typical height that most Nagas 'stand' at?
4: Are any of the other nations still fairly prejudice against Nagas? Or have they begun to be slowly accepted by a majority of the other nations?
5: What information is there on the God Argentyle, other then he is the God of the Snakemen?

As for an unrelated question to these five:

Do literally -all- souls go to Lazarus after their mortal bodies die out? Or, more specifically, would a Vampire's? Are they taken to Huggessoa instead somehow?

1) No. Yes.
2) Going to say 15 yearsish.
3) 6 feet is a nice round number.
4) Sigrogana mainly, probably elsewhere. Snake people aren't too common. But since some of the odder races have become more common, people are coming to accept them.
5) There's a whole post in the lore forum.

6) Yes, with few exceptions.

Ranylyn » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:14 am wrote:Also, how long ago were the Nagas freed, originally? Are we like... one generation later, or was this like, pre-heaven's Contention?
See above.

Cerrik » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:44 pm wrote:As with the above question, I have one that relates.

Assuming the generational gap is more than one generation, it means other races on Egwyn would have mated with Nagas. That being said, there's a large anatomical difference between a half-snake person and an Egwynian(?) (EG A felidae and corbie have identifying features, but their internal organs are mostly identical). If they are capable of mating with these mostly human races to continue generations, why did the snake people even go through the process of turning the captured women into nagas for breeding if all races can crossbreed?

If there is no generational gap and the Nagas from Egwyn as the Nagas that were freed by the empire, then I have no questions that weren't already asked previously.
Snakemen can only breed with Naga to create more snakemen.

Chaos » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:23 pm wrote:1. We know that the Beldam Knights help people through the mountains, but what are the Beldam Knights, exactly?
1a. What's the history of the Beldam Knights?
1b. Are there any important figures that are/were Beldam Knights?

2. Boxing Gloves are apparently a thing from Kysei. I would presume, then, that Boxing is a thing in Kysei?
2a. If so, is there any particular summary (I.e. how it works, how long its been around, popularity, etc.) to the sport?

3. What are the identities of Chaturanga's Council members?
3a. How well-protected are they?

4. Hypothetical situation: Snakemen mistake an effeminate man for a woman, so they kidnap him and put 'em through the ritual. What happens?
(Note: Assume the snakemen do not identify the victim's actual gender before the ritual is completely done)

5. Are there villages/towns outside of Chaturanga within Kysei, or is it mostly wild territory?
5a. If so, are there any prominent towns/villages?

1) They are knights that guard the mountain pass that leads to the capital. They typically use lightning-based techniques.
1a&1b) Will probably expand on this at a later point in time.

2) Yes.
2a) Maybe when we get the Boxer class.

3) Not going to go into details since I would rather do it like the Zeran/Onigan stuff.
3a) How well protected would you expect the world's leading supplier of OP bodyguards to be? Not to mention most of these council members have a storied military background and are strong warriors in their own right.

4) Anyone who undergoes the ritual that is not compatible with it will simply die.

5) Kysei's entirety except the wilderness are under the direct control of Chaturanga and/or Karaten. There's no real difference between the two in terms of authority.

Kavoir » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:50 pm wrote:Do Nagas have Slit eyes?
Do they just look like Humans until you hit the lower half? Do they sometimes have scales on the upper half?
Are Papillons imprisoned if caught by the Karatynn government on principal?
Are different Shatian's Carapace different on some level? If so how? (Like pattern or slight composition changes?)
Does Carapace grow back if you scrap some off if you can? LIke with heated knife?
1) They can.
2) Yes. Probably not.
3) No, they'd more likely be studied.
4) They're almost always thick black insect-like carapace. The amount, shape, and location can differ between different Shaitans.
5) Yes, it will grow back.

Trexmaster » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:26 am wrote:Can a Mechanation maintain itself (aka, can it perform the necessary repairs/maintence by itself to survive).
Simple maintenance, but for high levels of damage, no.

Locked