Sogensalt

"VAs are too strong!" "Evokers are too weak!" "Nerf Kinu!"
A place for all your ideas and woes regarding game balance.
Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Sogensalt

Post by Spoops » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:40 pm

I think its been a long enough time to not be considered knee jerk anymore but, I think this sword is a tad bit overtuned, it has 120% total scaling, and 50% ice magic damage on hit (making it synergize with bloody palms), and its a katana on top of being better than most of the current swords.

I think bumping down the scaling will be all that is really needed, making it 60/40 SKI/STR would probably set it in line with other swords, I don't think I'll mention Yuki-jin since Sogensara is a 9 star and those tend to be incredibly elusive, but sure enough they'll start showing up more and more.

Snake
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Re: Sogensalt

Post by Snake » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Is it really better than Conduiz Raijin or Tarnada?
Image ~ Dev, 08/16/2016.

Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Spoops » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Snake wrote:Is it really better than Conduiz Raijin or Tarnada?
I already stated why, 120% scaling with 50% elemental atk on hit, Raijin typically finds itself getting really low SWA comparatively to other swords so it actually hasn't been a problem lately, and Tarnada is just good because its weapon stats are just 10% higher than everything else, but even Tarnada doesnt have 120% scaling with 50% elemental atk on hit.

Snake
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Snake » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:07 am

Makes sense. Though I wish their skill could at least get some compensation for the rebalance to make the sword match the others... Like making you dash towards where you target with the Everblue.
Image ~ Dev, 08/16/2016.

Shujin
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Shujin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:30 pm

I agree to the skill compensation part. Everblue is extremely situational.

But not in the form of dashing towards it, nah. I don't want to jump to a tree I froze.
-I rather just have it deal like 150% ice damage in it's path or something.
-Have the Ice statues generally be effected by Freeze talent and or Permafrost from Verglas(3 duration on the status is just way too short to tactically use them much.)
-OR keep the skill as it is, but if you use it on a person/plant object that isn't an enemy plant it only costs 1M.

So it would be more useable outside of the rare case of facing a doriad/ranger cherry blossom tree users.

Well a potential that helps using the Statues/frozen people would help aswell. Something like shattering them like tiny ice bombs in a 2-3 tile big area? That would be pretty cool.

K Peculier
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by K Peculier » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:27 am

I agree with the nerfs to the scaling with Spoops and have the ability perhaps modified somehow.

Katanas are already at an incredibly good spot right now and the sogensora simply elevates that to a godly degree.

Scaled weapon attack stacking has never been easier with this weapon just like the problem we had with the raijin when it first came out.