Re: General Opinion Survey: Weapon Variety
Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:45 pm
That would be great making new weapon and new concepts it will make the game better and by the way it would be better if the skills are so showy.
Jay » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:12 am wrote:I honestly couldn't choose any particular choice for my vote.
Here are some issues and/or suggestions that have been around for awhile. If they aren't relevant, ignore them.
1) Daggers are not craftable. I don't understand the reasoning, but this addition alone adds in more 'weapon variety'.This was changed, thankfully.
2) More custom weapon parts. Certain weapon types don't even have their fair share of attributes. I was surprised to find out I couldn't decrease the weight of a fist weapon. Another glaring example includes daggers lacking a guard slot, but no compensation like exclusive parts. Overall, just more additions, especially to compensate for two-slot weapons. Hopefully this gets addressed, as, despite the bonuses fist and dagger weapons enjoy compared to other weapons (see: ignoring stalemate), lacking the same customization options doesn't seem right.
3) It looks like some classes are a WIP in the weapon-skill category. Soldier would be a glaring example of incompletion.
4) As for the magic classes. An alternate weapon type should fall under the staves. I believe these 'polearms' should be the driving force of Lantern Bearers and Curates, not tomes. The lantern accessories are outdated and useless. I'd figure those things could be entirely revamped to elemental staves (lanterns). There would be synergy with spear skills, namely the ones that Lantern Bearers currently have. Of course down the line, newer classes can make use of the 'staff' weapon type. Lantern bearers actually using a spear for a weapon need love, yes.
5) Offensive maneuvers for certain sub additions like shields. These tools should be used as weapons, even if they're condensed to classes.
6) More sizes (with notable differences). A glaring example are the 8/8 craftable 'medium' bows. I actually made a thread about the whole heavy-weapon thing. Having actually 'heavy' bows would be a start.
7) Incorporating weapon types. For example, organizing http://i.imgur.com/WI1cgMs.png to something like 'Ranged Weapon' and right underneath that 'Weapon Type: Medium Bow'. Just something to make future additions less of a hassle.
8) To 'balance' the variety, weapon rarities need to be scrutinized. Some just completely outshine others with the new rebellion enchant for instance. And there's also the fact there's little difference in distinguishing, for example, a katana versus a medium sword's statistics. YES. YES. VERY MUCH THIS. Rarities pretty much tell you 'hey, this is how much this thing sucks' most of the time, with each star adding to its awful factor. Few weapons nowadays go against that in that they actually do something worthy of their rarity, such as the 8* dagger set. As for the second point, yeah, there's rarely a difference in statistics for weapons that's actually meaningful.
9) More Item Effects would be nice. Possibly exclusive ones that can be found and enchanted to certain weapons. This would also be nice, and give Steel Aura more of a reason to exist past negating 10 or 15 damage and the occasional status.
I think I'll just stop here. There's enough to read in between the lines and hopefully get ideas flowing.
1) Do not response to other users' opinions in this thread. I'm not looking for debates, just data.