Scaled Leveling

Have an idea for the game? Something you'd like to see improved? This is where you should post it.
Raigen.Convict
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Scaled Leveling

Postby Raigen.Convict » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Can we get it so when you place points into a stat when leveling up, that you're able to see the scaled stat as well before hitting confirm so you don't have to try to work out the math of how the diminishing returns works in order to know what you're doing when putting points over soft-cap BEFORE confirming it?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water

adamkad1
Novice Member
Novice Member

Re: Scaled Leveling

Postby adamkad1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 pm

Plz add, we need dis

Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Neus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:56 am

How would this work in your mind?

Fern
Social Poster
Social Poster

Postby Fern » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:06 am

Maybe making it so the Scaled Stats button in Character Info keeps showing the scaled values, even when you're investing points. I'm not sure if that would be generally difficult to implement, though.

Snake
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Postby Snake » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:11 am

There's an easier way to do this:

Swap them around. Make the Character Menu always show your scaled stats so stat distribution is more accurate and regards people of 'diminishing returns' automatically, and when you press the 'show' button, it shows how much you've spend on them and the bonuses.
Image ~ Dev, 08/16/2016.

Raigen.Convict
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Postby Raigen.Convict » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:48 am

I like Kunai's idea best.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water

Ryuzaki
Intermediate Poster
Intermediate Poster

Postby Ryuzaki » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 am

Kunai's idea would be perfect. I'd much rather see my scaled stats when investing rather than my base stats. All this would take is swapping out which shows first and effectively reversing the function of the scaled button so when clicked it shows your base stats instead of your scaled stats.

Joseph Jostar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby Joseph Jostar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 am

as long as we're on the subject, can equipment/class bonuses on stats either be included in the stat display while levelling, or excluded from the display altogether? preferably the former, but for consistency's sake either one would be helpful.

(currently they show up in the total stat display, but are not accounted for while increasing stats)

Yashatari
Intermediate Poster
Intermediate Poster

Postby Yashatari » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:13 am

as far as i've seen, diminishing returns seem to be like 90% of the previous value. say your racial is 4, the soft cap would be 44, going to 54 would give you a scaled of around 54.08. And diminishing returns seem to be in groups of 3 regardless of stat.

Return to “Suggestions”