Barefist mainhand count as fist weapon.

Have an idea for the game? Something you'd like to see improved? This is where you should post it.
Shujin
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Barefist mainhand count as fist weapon.

Postby Shujin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Currently it seems if you have Barefist as your main weapon and a sub weapon equipped, it still counts like you got no fist weapon. Can we have it so that it does count as fist weapon?

Grandpa
Talkative Poster
Talkative Poster

Re: Barefist mainhand count as fist weapon.

Postby Grandpa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:10 am

correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't mixed martial arts do this?

Shujin
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Postby Shujin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:15 pm

mixed martial arts is more so you can mainhand a weapon and use some sort of glove item, instead of actual barefists, so I think there is a slight difference?

Raigen.Convict
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Postby Raigen.Convict » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:34 pm

How about we turn MMA into a trait in the trait rework as something anyone can take and it becomes able to allow any bare fist or fist weapon slot or glove slot as a fist weapon.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water

Snake
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Postby Snake » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Because you don't use fists outside Martial Artist, and because this yet gives another reason to use Two-Handed, which is already pretty busted.
Image ~ Dev, 08/16/2016.

Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Postby Spoops » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:11 pm

When you use Mixed Martial Arts its still a bare fist weapon, it just costs a skill slot instead of a weapon slot, you also gain the benefits of being able to use many good glove items. (As well as 2hand)

On top of that, if you just wanted to use a fist weapon, you give up 2handed but you get a better scaling fist weapon overall, which improves your damage for martial artist.

I don't see why you'd want to use bare fists regularly when MMA offers better payout, what is the setup you're trying it on Shujin?

Shujin
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Postby Shujin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Well I noticed that wasn't a thing during an RP where I was RPing holding back, so I took off my fist weapon and kept a bokken in the sub hand, to lower my overall damage. But then I noticed I can't use MA skills which just came strange to me. I mean knowing that I could probably have gotten mixed martial arts and mained the bokken, but it still strikes me as weird since it should work as a mainhand barefist weapon in my opinion even without the skill.

Another thing that is bothering me is, when I have a Fist weapon like Fist of the Giant in the main hand, and turn ambidexterity on, that I can't use my barefist even with mixed martial arts with a glove item. Sometimes I just want to use Geldoren with my barefist, to close distance without pushing my enemy 5 kilometer away, to combo up.

TL;DR
I am not trying to min max, I am doing the opposite.

Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Postby Spoops » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:31 pm

I think that maybe a trait should be added that allows you to adjust your damage/evade/etc. by a percentage that you can set at any time, to allow 'holding back' in a sense. (Could see it being a 0m skill that opens a prompt that lets you enter a percentage yourself)

I am veering off topic though, I was thinking it maybe had something to do with eviter or what not but this seems to be fine then.

Shujin
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Postby Shujin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:01 pm

Anyway, traits or general MMA aside. What I would like to have is:

-Mainhand weapon as barefist, counting as fist weapon, even with a subhand weapon.
-Mixed Martial Arts with Ambidexterity trait, allowing to use the subhand glove as barefist, even when you have a fist equipped in the mainhand.

Return to “Suggestions”