Dungeon Generation (levels)

Have an idea for the game? Something you'd like to see improved? This is where you should post it.
Trexmaster
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Dungeon Generation (levels)

Post by Trexmaster » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:22 pm

With the new update taking into account the lower and upper levels of characters currently online...this has had the adverse effect of making it so that a dungeon of level 61 or higher is impossible now. Aside from the pre-generated statics, of course.

If this new system is going to stick, could it generate 61+ as normal if '60' is the upper limit? I'd say just add 10 to the upper limit but IDK how it's laid out, since I don't want to remove 1-9 from the possible rolls either.

As it stands it's no longer possible to have a 'pure' dungeon since that only occurs in dungeons that are higher than level 61, and 60 is the current limit due to the recent change capping it out by the higher level player in the game. So if it could be adjusted to allow this again, that'd be nice.

p.s. I dunno if I'd call this a bug or not, so I'm putting it here as a suggestion.
t-this isn't a prelude to a level 70 cap is it

Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dungeon Generation (levels)

Post by Neus » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Wasn't the upper limit on dungeon generation already 60?

Noxid
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Noxid » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Nah, im pretty sure you added in an update ages the ability for them to go to 70.

Chaos
GM
GM

Post by Chaos » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:23 pm

yes its a prelude to level 70 cap its happening
Neus wrote:Wasn't the upper limit on dungeon generation already 60?
Nope. It went up to 70; 61~70 served to provide single-type dungeons, which granted better opportunity for the BLACKBLOOD requests/10* drops.

I'd say to just slap down a couple level 61+ dungeons alongside the player-based range.
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Spoops » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Level 70 dungeons were previously possible before this, not only this but the upper limit for EXP for players is up to 10 levels, maybe it could just be made to generate dungeons at the level of players online + 10 (Hopefully that doesn't make it so that level 1-10 dungeons wouldn't spawn)

Snake
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Snake » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:39 am

To be honest, it's not the level range. Dungeons need to be 'Crazy' more often, since those are the only types of dungeon to provide both good exp and fun for more than 1 person in a party.

Anything that can be done in regards to it, Dev?
Image ~ Dev, 08/16/2016.

WaifuApple
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by WaifuApple » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:19 am

Yup. I'd love to see the 61+ dungeons return. They were more fun, and a more of a challenge, with PvE being so easy it hurts. The level 60 cap means that any challenge that did exist is gone again, and I'd love to see a semblance of challenge return...

Even if it's not that much.
I have nothing useful to contribute to this signature.

ChainmailleAddict

Post by ChainmailleAddict » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:46 am

Level 70 dungeons got outright challenging when the monsters inside were a counter to your build. Getting back-attacked in a high-level Crazy dungeon was outright *scary* in certain circumstances, and SL2's PvE is usually easy enough as it is. I would go so far as to suggest including up to level 75 or even 80 dungeons, to encourage teamwork.