New Trait: Elemental Fists

Have an idea for the game? Something you'd like to see improved? This is where you should post it.
Ryuzaki
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

New Trait: Elemental Fists

Post by Ryuzaki » Wed May 15, 2019 10:12 am

Let's go ahead and give bare hands an interesting niche, shall we? This was brainstormed out earlier, while I was thinking about punch velocity for some reason. It could also be used as an elemental impact based MA skill with some tweaking.

Elemental Fists:
Requires: 40 STR, CEL, DEF, RES, VIT, FAI, or LUC + Starsign
------------------------------------------

Your fists have become the stuff of legend. Your punches so attuned to your starsign's element. When attacking with your bare-fist, and critical hitting, you deal elemental damage equal to your elemental attack of your starsign/2, you also have a (STATLV%) chance of triggering an effect based on your starsign.

Fire: Create a line of cinders at FireATK/2LV 4 tiles long behind your opponent. 3 rounds
Ice: Create a line of ice tiles 4 tiles long behind your opponent that last for ice atk/10 rounds
Wind: Range changed to 6 tiles, leave behind air shafts for Wind atk/10 rounds.
Earth: Pillage the ground beneath your opponents, inflicting pillaged equal to your earth atk/10 rounds.
Dark: Dark water spews from your palms, leaving dark water tiles on the ground leaving darkwater tiles behind for Dark atk/10 levels (4 tiles)
Holy: Light shafts are generated from your palms in a 4 tile line behind your opponent, lasting Light atk/10 rounds
Aqua: Rain tiles are created by your fists, in a 4 tile line for Water ATK/10 rounds
Lightning: Lightning damage on the 4 tiles behind, no tile effects, crit chance

While this trait is equipped, you cannot equip any weapon besides bare fist, even with talents/classes.

Whitender
Novice Member
Novice Member

Re: New Trait: Elemental Fists

Post by Whitender » Wed May 15, 2019 11:45 am

thats very dope ryu.

now I can literally overdrive people with my elementalistic fists!

Sawrock
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Sawrock » Wed May 15, 2019 12:02 pm

I'd prefer the trait to just only work if you have no weapons equipped, rather than weapons being unequippable.

Snake
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Snake » Wed May 15, 2019 12:57 pm

I prefer the scaling of Bare Fists changing from 105% STR to something like:

Mars Starsign = 80% WIL/25% STR
Mercury Starsign = 80% SKI/25% STR
Saturn Starsign = 50% CEL/55% STR
Venus Starsign = 40% DEF/65% STR
Pluto Starsign = 40% RES/65% STR
Uranus Starsign = 50% FAI/55% STR
Jupiter Starsign = 50% LUC/55% STR

And also the same trait should allow you to rename your Bare Fists to something else, so we can rename them to a martial art you're ICly using, like 'Muai Thai' or 'Capoeira', or simply 'Bare Feet' to match one's fluff of using their legs to fight.
"Show me what you've got, Snake!"
Image ~ Dev, 08/16/2016.