Lore Questions: January (2019)ish

An archive of lore questions. Answered every month.
Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lore Questions: January (2019)ish

Post by Neus » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:49 pm

This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. (No, I will never stop copying this part.) The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)

Turadis

Re: Lore Questions: January (2019)ish

Post by Turadis » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

It's technically not January anymore, but let's go ahead and drop some questions why not?

1) What is the average Mercalan's/The Church's opinion on Mechanations?

2) Are Mechanations able to become citizens (And enjoy the rights thereof) in any country? Which ones if so?

3) If a suitably human-feeling mechanation outlives their creator, what is their legal status, as far as Karaten is concerned? Are they free to do what they want with their life?

4) As I understand it a Summoner's contract with their youkai is represented via tattoo, does this tattoo disappear if the contract is ended?

5) How large are Youkai Fairies?

6) Is the Drowned Woman Youkai literally a woman who used to be mortal and became a ghost Youkai? Or is that just an exaggerated story?

Trexmaster
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Trexmaster » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 am

1) On the subject of Mechanations and their perceived humanity: would a Mechanation that recognizes the fact they're not human have a greatly diminished lifespan compared to a Mechanation that's deluded into believing they're human--and somehow never figures out what they actually are.

2) Are there any limits to the area and mass of Asago homes?

2a) Would it be accurate to say (based entirely on mechanics) Asago effectively sells land/space in their private dimension??? at a rate of 500 Asagorians per Extra Level's worth of area.

2b) Does Asago possess infinite amounts of space to lend?

2c) Does Asago actually hold a monopoly on the concept of housing? (see: complete control over any and every house a PC will ever make)

2d) Can everything asked above about Asago be summed up with "Don't overthink how Asago works, it's mostly a mechanical convenience and not much else."?

3) Do crops (potatoes, corn, tomatoes, etc) grow as quickly ICly as they do mechanically (see: like 10 in game hours)? Or can it be assumed that's just a mechanical thing?

Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Spoops » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:21 am

1) When a dullahan believes he has fulfilled his purpose somehow, are they forced to move on and pass to whatever afterlife there may be?

2) How does a dullahan perceive pain? Do they even feel physical pain? Is soul-related pain even a thing?

2a) If Dullahans can't perceive pain, does that mean they cannot feel the effects of extreme cold or heat? Even if it may hinder their movement/capabilities.

3) Do glamours exist to some capacity? and how so? Is that basically just what the portable mirror is?, or would they simply have to be illusion based?
Last edited by Spoops on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skimmy2
Novice Member
Novice Member

Post by Skimmy2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:54 pm

1) Does Chaturanga use other chess based names like Black Knights? For example, would they call a Mercalan Priest a White Bishop?
1a) Do they have positions/roles for Pawn, Rooks, Kings and Queens as well?

2) Does Chaturanga have any form of titleage such as Squire, Baron, Count, or Duke?
Munch

DoctorMad
Novice Member
Novice Member

Post by DoctorMad » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:05 pm

1, About Asha, the Shrine, and the Nameless God.
1.1) Do people actually come to the Nameless Shrine to pray?
1.2)Is worshiping the Nameless God popular anywhere?
1.3) Did he ever do anything notable, other than coming to rest in the mountain?
1.4) Asha seems a bit reserved, doesn't that interrupt her duties as a Shrine Maiden?

2)Does Bai Kai have any race "associated" with him? I mean, like how Zera made Zerans or Kysei made Phenexes.

3)Do Kigal Replicas also contain the secret to immortality?
3.1)Is it lichdom?
Last edited by DoctorMad on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:00 am, edited 7 times in total.

Stenzio
Intermediate Poster
Intermediate Poster

Post by Stenzio » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:44 pm

I do not recall if this was brought up previously but:

1.) Is it actually legal to hunt vampires in Lordwain or Lispool?

2.) Is there a city of Alstalsia, in Alstalsia? The reputation tab implies so; or is that meant to mean the continent of Alstalsia as a whole? Any brief information you can tell us about it since unlike the strongholds it doesn't have any information to it, nor is it labeled on the map you made of the continent.