NEUS Projects

Full Version: [2.78] Soul Vulture Seconds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something interesting that I discovered while farming my Dark Bard in the Sky Islands... I threw down with a few mobs: A Hippogriph and a Soulture. I used Unholy Diver to finish the Hippogriph off and advance towards the Soulture, but I noticed it proc'd Soul Vulture twice. It showed two instances of the effect underneath it, which was odd. I check the mob itself, it has LV 20 Soul Vulture when it should only have LV 10. And after looking it over, I realized something.

The Hippogriph's HP was low enough where only two instances of Unholy Diver's damage would have been enough to kill it, while the third proc would be overkill. It'd be at 0 HP by then already. My guess is that even though it was already effectively dead, there was a damage instance that took place that ended with it being at 0 HP after the hit that WOULD bring it from whatever HP it was at brought it to 0.

What brings me to this conclusion is the fact Bard's Repeat Sign also proc'd twice even though I only had one song active, which would coincide with this fact.

I'm worried that any multi-hit attack like dance skills would repeat this effect and mess with intended mechanics. It's not exactly game-breaking I think, but it's worth taking notice of.

[Image: image.png?ex=6546a552&is=65343052&hm=337...9af2de815&]
[Image: image.png?ex=6546a65e&is=6534315e&hm=532...c2c145c53&]
Good discovery, that's pretty neat and I've never noticed it myself!
I think this was corrected in 2.79, because I can't reproduce it.