NEUS Projects

Full Version: Hyattr thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe fire breath is a lost cause. 

Okay, what do dragons do other than breathe fire? That's right, they're lizards and they fly and they hoard a bunch of gold. Hold up now. A lot of gold? That's right, we should increase SWA by how much murai you have. +1 damage per 100 murai.

Anyway on a more serious note we gotta fix Hyattr, starting with the scaling of fire breath.

Make it SAN+100%fire atk+SWA. Would be a bit too strong to spam so give it a 2 turn cd. Destruction energy gives it 100% extra fire atk scaling, and if you have both energies you get SAN added in again. This allows you to build hyattr with or without san but it's gonna be solid either way and with the potential for decent damage. It's essentially like an evoker evocation in terms of raw damage, but with the difference that you get SAN as a bonus instead of greaper + spell bonuses. Weaker without san investment, a bit stronger with high san investment. No op effects like KD or 50% res reduction, but a great aoe. I think it's a fair power level overall. You can also use it as a decent damaging ability without using energy, mixing it with your other stuff during battle every other round.

I also think it would be cool if you could pick chromatic dragon color as a trait that change your breath to other elements. Blue/white dragon for ice, green/black for acid, and red for fire (as a true descendent of hyatt, you have the vanilla fire breath but get +5 fire atk). The elements could also change the cone aoe. Ice is a 5-wide line, and acid is a 90 degree cone but loses 2 length. Ice leaves ice sheets, acid leaves those poison pools.

You could then further get a trait that gives it a status effect based on the element. Burn, acidity, and frostbite. This would make it a little bit more worth using, and would allow it to work with other parts of your build instead of raw damage only.

We already have the three dragon youkai so it would make sense imo. Anyway, hyattr needs some love. Would be a cool new way to make an acid build, too.
I agree with the new scaling. I guess it could have a cooldown but I don't imagine it's necessary though. It's already got good reasons to not spam it, such as the hefty FP cost and Channel buffs giving more value to it.

That said, I think if Level is being axed, it should be axed from costs too. I'd suggest changing it to a flat 30FP upfront with resizing it from Channel Magic incurring an additional FP cost instead.

I'm iffy on whether Hyattrs should have elemental changing facets. Dragons of other elements is a popular fantasy theme so it's nice for character ideas but it's also undercut by the fact that Hyatt is specifically a fire dragon and everything about him is all about fire and destruction, so it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

That all aside, I think we could also use some adjustments to some other parts of the race:

Channel Destruction's stat bonus is mediocre by today's standards. I'd consider changing it from a STR and WIL buff to be a SWA buff (5 + 25% SAN?) and the Cinders being bumped up from 5 + 50% SAN to 25% Fire ATK + 50% SAN instead.

Channel Magic's FP used to be pretty solid but has been crept out with some class options and Blue Potions (with the Alchemy talent) doing much better and needing no SAN investment. I'd consider doubling the recovery (10 + SAN FP), perhaps with a 1 Round CD, if needed to allow it to be more impactful.

Disaster Realized (second trait in the Hyattr line) should have a slight adjustment that removes the Level based scaling bonus if Fire Breath ends up removing that part entirely. I'd say something like instead increasing the LV of Cinders from Channel Destruction to 25% Fire ATK + 100% SAN or 50% Fire ATK + 50% SAN. (Which also helps offset the loss they have from the absent prayer buff in Korvara.)