NEUS Projects

Full Version: Dual Blades and Such
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can we have the item drops from the Dungeon Boss Asago Quests be obtainable via crafting? Maybe have the quests drop the recipes for them, and have a present delivery for those who already finished the quest?
Sure, why not?
Nope. They're meant to be exclusive rewards. Having them gen with materials and qualities would push some of them into the 'broken' territory. Spirit Hunter is already there, which is why it's getting a small Power nerf next update.
Then perhaps the Dual Blade could be made to not, um. Suck?

A plain 6-power sword with no crit, whose only 'benefit' is the
ability to use two blade customization parts. You'd think a Darth
Maul style double sword would grant a skill that attacks twice,
wouldn't you? Or allows you to select two separate enemies to
perform a basic attack against, at the very least.

I mean, I suppose it could be equipped with two razor blades,
giving it +20% crit, or two huge blades, giving it a range of 3,
but is that really worth using it over something else?

I suppose I could see it being used with Sub-Attack and a pair of
huge blades, giving a Kensei a ranged option. Then one wonders
why said Kensei doesn't simply offhand a spear and use it with
Couloir.
I'm just going to go ahead and out and say, Not every weapon in the game is going to be good for beating stuff up. Some weapons are more novelty than others. As you can see here, the dual blades gimmick is the fact that it has two blade slots, which isn't a common occurrence. Yes, it's subpar, but it's like how a super enchanted Longsword is subpar compared to a Braver. There's very few RPG in the history of RPGs that don't have their share of weak quest weapons that make you go,"Why the fuck would I ever want this?".
perhaps if dual blade did an aoe basic attack similar to sweeper, IE all cardinal directions around the user, and upgrading with to large blade would make super spin to win aoe melee sword, with subpar power.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=414#p414 Wrote:Lolzytripd ยป Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:02 pm[/url]"]perhaps if dual blade did an aoe basic attack similar to sweeper, IE all cardinal directions around the user, and upgrading with to large blade would make super spin to win aoe melee sword, with subpar power.

DEMACIAAAA!

Ahhem.