NEUS Projects

Full Version: New Staff Type: Shotstaves!~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So. I noticed that we only have like, two types of actual usable weapon staves in the game. The Warstaff (Greatspear) and the Quarterstaff. So why not make a more unique type of staff?

I was thinking a melee/gun hybrid of a weapon known as a shotstaff. Simply put, when within one range, it'd preform a melee attack for blunt damage, and it would function like a regular gun otherwise. The benefits of this would be that Priests could have more of a say damage wise without having to consume all that FP for using Holy Spark repeatedly or whatever else they choose to use. Anyhow. That's my suggestion.

Shotstaves.
Within one range, melee damage, else it functions like a gun.
Four Star+Rarity.
Base Damage should be relatively weak. Such as 7 - 10.
Base Crit should be 0%
Base Accuracy should be 80%
Base weight should be that of a metallic staff, basically so around 8 - 11.
I don't think i'm forgetting anything.
Sounds too useful. Ignoring defense in melee range, along with God Rod buffs.

I'm against it, for that purpose.
"MegaBlues" Wrote:Sounds too useful. Ignoring defense in melee range, along with God Rod buffs.

I'm against it, for that purpose.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6814#p6814 Wrote:EmoxNeko ยป Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:45 pm[/url]"]Simply put, when within one range, it'd preform a melee attack for blunt damage, and it would function like a regular gun otherwise.

Sounds fine, I guess. Pole Part + Barrel Part for customization.
Oh, whoops, I misunderstood!

But the true idea is even worse, so I'm against it even more. I'm sure someone will take the time to go through why letting someone have access to a Staff and Gun without giving up their Hand slot is a bad idea.
Why not have a 'Spellstaff' instead?

Spellstaff
Polearm: Staff

Base Power Range, 4 - 7
Attack Range: 4 tiles
Base Crit: 0 - 5%
Base Accuracy: 80%
Base Weight: 8 - 18
Damage Types: Light, Lightning, Water, Fire (one spellstaff for each)

Item Properties:
Spelledge (increases spell damage as if it were a tome)
Devout (damage scales with (WIL / 2) + (FAI / 2) instead of STR, targets RES)
This weapon also counts as a Tome (similar to other weapons which count as two types)
Reduce the range to at max two, give it a very high rarity level and this wouldn't be bad. I think
The WIL/2+FAI/2 sounds like a neat idea, but giving a staff type weapon spell edge will increase Priest DPS/healing by kind of a lot, so I don't know where to stand on that ground.
No more than equipping a tome already would.
You get half the benefit if you wield a staff in your offhand, you don't get Tome Power if it's in your offhand.

A shot stave would have your spell damage be...

WIL+FAI+Staff Power((With augments/rebellion/rustic))+Spell Power+Other...

Which adds up to being a lot.
Ah, I guess. The fact that the wiki isn't complete when it comes to Priest skills led to a bit of a disconnect there.
Pages: 1 2