NEUS Projects

Full Version: Hot Foot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cinder tiles (at least Hyattr ones) and Crystal Rose (the damage component) both ignore Evasion.

Cinder tiles also ignore RES.

Not sure what of this are intended, but here they are.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7871#p7871 Wrote:Soapy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:47 pm[/url]"]Cinder tiles
Cinder tiles are field effects, not skills. There's also a Foot enchantment to combat Cinder tile damage already.

EDIT: They've also ignored DEF/RES since day one. I'm not sure how you forgot this from the nerf for Blazing Shinken's ridiculous cinder damages, but regardless.
Yes, I'm completely aware of all of this.

I thought now would be a good time to bring it up; especially since Hyattr flames have gone untouched.
I think it ignoring Evasion and RES is fine due to Flamewalk existing but Cinders is a little wonky in terms of balance.

I think the issue is with Cinders comes from the very potent ones, such as Hyattr's cinders from Channel Destruction + Fire Breath dishing it out so well.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7875#p7875 Wrote:Slydria » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:56 pm[/url]"]I think the issue is with Cinders comes from the very potent ones, such as Hyattr's cinders from Channel Destruction + Fire Breath dishing it out so well.
Yes, CD + FB leaves behind some nasty Cinders if the user's got the VIT for it. However, while they do give plenty of damage, it is practically impossible to put it down and then run the target through the tiles; short of getting +2M from effects such as Riposte, the target will always be able to leave the tiles before the more ridiculous damage can be done. In fact, if one was to get the +2M before their attack, all it would take is a resist message from Fire Breath's damage to shoot down all but one method to pull/push someone through the tiles in that turn.

Of course, it is possible for a party of 2+ to either utilize On My Mark to catch the opponent in a fatal surprise, or do some teamwork in order to drag the target(s) through the Cinders. However, we also have to recognize that there are much more shenanigans found in teams than individually; Sanctuary (and healing skills in general) is/are much more likely to be used when more people are involved, and Black Bolt/Detogate can screw up any potential follow-ups if available, amongst other skills that move the user, target or both parties.
Furthermore, not all Hyattr have the vit for it. I've seen plenty of Hyattr mages.

If we're to make any change to Hyattr cinder tiles, I'd like to propose a damage cap that scales with level. This way it won't nerf the Hyattr who already really only use it as elemetnal coverage/ utility since their CD/FB isn't insane to begin with.
And not all Liches have the WIL for Life Drain. I fail to see your point.