NEUS Projects

Full Version: Firefoxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As it stands, they're one of the most annoying enemies in the game. Not because they're threatening, no, because they just exist to waste your time.

I suggest that when a Firefox dies, any seeker flame spawned by it is unsummoned as a result. This would solve the issue of 'find the seeker flame' on spacey maps, and in battles in general.

EDIT: I've added a simple poll.
Yes.
Yes, please.
onegai, debu-ecchi
Auto-explode when the firefox is killed.
So, instead of Seeker Flames being surefire kamikaze attacks if you don't pack any Wind or Ice damage, they should harmlessly go down the instant that the relevant Firefox (which isn't nearly as hard to kill) is dead?

No thanks.
Seeker flames are an attack, and often an ineffective one at that. They seemingly serve to prolong battles by doubling their runtime, perhaps moreso if you lack the means to deal with them. Anyone who actually dungeons or arena grinds a lot agrees that they're just annoying and not in a fun way.

And considering firefoxes have 5 move and seeker flames have 3, they're a worse projectile than the thing that threw them. 100% agree with Trex's suggestion.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7963#p7963 Wrote:Prism » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:48 am[/url]"]Seeker flames are an attack, and often an ineffective one at that. They seemingly serve to prolong battles by doubling their runtime, perhaps moreso if you lack the means to deal with them. Anyone who actually dungeons or arena grinds a lot agrees that they're just annoying and not in a fun way.

And considering firefoxes have 5 move and seeker flames have 3, they're a worse projectile than the thing that threw them. 100% agree with Trex's suggestion.

Bump their movement up to 6~8, make the explosion 3M, and have them gain 6M on entry, much like Bonded Youkai w/ Fast Offense.

That, or just meet them and take the damage. They are literally quicker to get rid of than dungeon bosses.

P.S. Yes, I have dealt with a lot of them. They aren't the least bit annoying, even when I fail to have proper damage types on-hand.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7965#p7965 Wrote:Chaos » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:52 am[/url]"]
Bump their movement up to 6~8, make the explosion 3M, and have them gain 6M on entry, much like Bonded Youkai w/ Fast Offense.

That, or just meet them and take the damage. They are literally quicker to get rid of than dungeon bosses.

P.S. Yes, I have dealt with a lot of them. They aren't the least bit annoying, even when I fail to have proper damage types on-hand.

Uh, I'm aware they're easier to deal with than -dungeon bosses-. Why would you compare them to something that's -supposed- to be harder to deal with?

Yeah, awesome, a lot of us have dealt with them, that's why we're saying they're nothing but a nuisance. I feel like we could just save a lot of time and make seeker flames a skill-attack instead, but, your suggestion could possibly work too if that's not something that will happen.
Seeker Flames are enough of a joke as is without being completely trivialized by their expiration upon the firefox's death. But at the same time I also understand that they are a nuisance. So I've compiled a list of other options that won't lead to them either being useless or doing a flat unresistable Level = Damage per turn:

- Give them a 3 turn duration and a high move; unless something pins you down, it's still not hard to avoid getting exploded on, and they expire quickly, but at least.
- Give them the firesplitter treatment in that they just can't explode on the first round they're summoned, while giving them 6m on that turn. This way, it won't completely dick over more defensive builds.
- Give them HP = Level, but lower their resists considerably, so you can still take them out without the right elements, but again, not trivialiazing them too much.
Pages: 1 2