NEUS Projects

Full Version: Dungeon Clear Bonuses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, beyond them being pretty meh-worthy for the effort you'd need to put forth to get them, I have a few issues with the clear bonuses (the current bug with the 'full' clear aside, as I've already made a report about it).

For one, in the situation where a party or even a person is trying to get a Full clear bonus, all it takes is one person going for the core to sabotage the run. There isn't really much you can do to stop that, but it makes it even worse when in the event you -can- peacefully clear an entire dungeon without interference, the reward is fairly miniscule.

To give an idea, let's take the average max level floor in a level 60 dungeon (it's typically 66, going as high as 68, for the record).

A full clear would reward (assuming the reward is based on the dungeon level and not the max floor's level) 210,000 EXP. And some mura, but, the amount (level * 10, so, 600. Wow.) is so low, it's not even worth mentioning, that's about what one or two fights of that dungeon's level would give.

That may seem like a lot, but, considering the effort it takes(seriously, try doing this in a dungeon that isn't a desert or cave, and lacks the spacey prefix. it's not fun.) and the likelyhood of it being either 1. impossible to get (see: dungeons spawning sealed pockets with monsters in them, another potential bug that I reported in light of the bonuses) or 2. nullified by the core being finished prematurely by another party, you're better off just hunting for a dungeon with optimal prefixes for your dungeoning needs.

The EXP reward is pretty close to being fair, but that's assuming the dungeon is optimal for clearing (see: open ended dungeons like deserts and forests, or those with the spacey prefix to minimize time spent finding enemies). The Murai reward is absolutely pathetic. You'll earn more in the fights it takes on one floor than what the 'full' bonus would award you, but in the odd event you've a full party, odds are it'll be slightly better due to how money is split (but it's still rather low).

The EXP reward could be slightly higher (like, say, 750-1000 times level instead, but like I said this isn't too bad as is, it's just not worth doing at all for dungeons not-optimal for full-clearing). The Murai reward should at least account for all floors for the full-clear, it'd definitely be worth the time if it counted each floor for the bonus (even if it was reduced to level * 5 as a result, a level 60 dungeon with the min. amount of levels would still award 2,100 murai, which while not -amazing-, that's about what a core-rush gives you).

In a perfect world we could have something like 'Dungeon Complexity' that offered higher rewards for obviously more difficult dungeons to clear (I.E. Giant Crypts/Fire Altars) as the +5% exp bonus for prefixes doesnt take into account just how hard a dungeon is made by certain combinations of prefixes and dungeon types (I.E. a Giant Desert is almost entirely unchanged compared to the latter examples, yet gives the same rewards for fights assuming equal level).
No one can sabotage your clear bonuses, if that wasn't clear in the update notes. Your clear bonus is checked after the boss battle finishes; your boss battle. Not the first one. So all they'll be doing is denying themselves the bonus.

It's possible I will increase the Murai rewards. I have also thought about adding some other clear rewards at some point, like bonus item chances and such.
Ah, yeah, I suppose that was a misunderstanding on my part. All it takes it clearing a fight to earn the bonus (partial or full).

Bonus item chances would be nice since that's not something you can get by just clearing more floors.