NEUS Projects

Full Version: Corrupter's Resistance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Level 60+ Corrupters can get some 80+ RES making them tough to deal with. And they were already a pretty tough enemy without it, thanks to their spells which deal reasonable damage and can apply potent debuffs.

Evokers and Priests don't really have a problem against Corrupters but...

Other mages struggle. Lantern Bearers, Hexers and Summoner promotions deal pitiful damage when up against the high amount of RES. They also struggle to apply their additional debuffs. Most youkai target RES with their skills, making most of them a liability against Corrupters.

Now I'm not saying there shouldn't be monsters that give Mages trouble, but, I think Corrupters are a dangerous enough enemy and them having high RES limits the counters that can be done against them. (E.g. Silencing would be a good idea but because of the high RES, spells like Black Bubble and Drown are likely to miss their mark.)

I also don't think giving a monster oodles of RES is necessarily a good way to make an anti-magic monster as it greatly punishes some mages but is barely a problem for others.
Having strong anti-x monsters wouldn't be so much of an issue if it was possible to avoid them.

infinite salt at permanent monster dens
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=8825#p8825 Wrote:MegaBlues ยป Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:00 pm[/url]"]Having strong anti-x monsters wouldn't be so much of an issue if it was possible to avoid them.

infinite salt at permanent monster dens

Seriously. So much this. It actually makes zero logical sense. "Okay, Goblin squad! I know we hate fire, but let's set up in this Fire Altar that has seared floors!" Some overlap is fine, but draw the freaking line somewhere.

That said, I'd argue Hexers have plenty of tools to help deal with them. (Earthbound vengeance, Spirit Pain, etc) but yeah, they're definiely an LB's worst nightmare at the very least. I mean, LBs have lower res growths than base curates, so it's not even like they can just tank all their spells until their FP is depleted and wear them down slowly.

It wouldn't be so bad if physical classes could deal with them well. We don't have a good Str/Res class (Don't you dare mention Ghost, because 20% for a main offensive stat is incredibad) and they actually still have respectable HP to chew through while dishing out absurd amounts of damage that the physical classes don't have the Res to handle OR resist the stacked Burn/Poison from!