NEUS Projects

Full Version: Movement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I've been asking around a bit, and the people I've asked seem to agree with me on this issue.
It's pretty plain to see the catalyst for the armour class limiting movement change, and yeah, god did HT need a nerf, but it seems the consensus is that the armour class limitation is a tad much. The being over BW limiting movement thing I'm pretty sure everyone agrees works just fine, conceptually and in practice, but the armour class limitation really affects, well, everyone.

Tanks are obviously the most heavily affected, and lacking movement so much really poses a problem in a lot of cases- even a full move and hanging or forced move doesn't quite catch up to the unarmoured full 15, falling just short at 14. God forbid the unarmoured foe is ranged, or one could easily be kited for days.
Of course, it limits everyone too. And movement is fun to have.

Of course, from a conceptual level, it makes sense. Heavy armour could be quite movement limiting. But as it stands it feels awful, being cut so short, and potentially poses problems. If it's all under BW, I'd say let them run free.
(For reference, this is heavy armour, with a 16 weight axe. http://puu.sh/kuhMQ/b8fc4897c4.jpg Hard to image that being very limiting. Mutated armour is also a thing.)

In any case, discuss away.
I'm for it.
Agreed with most of what was mentioned. I'd remove the movement caps, honestly.
I agree with everything mentioned in the first post.
The BW penalty is fine, as nearly everyone past level 20~ or so is unaffected by it, usually.

The movement cap punishes anyone other than a Black Knight that isn't a race with bonus movement or with a sub class that has +move skills. (charge is only for go karts)

I'd say, if it isn't removed entirely, it could afford to be bumped to say, 12-15-18 instead.

Also, perhaps some classes could get skills/passives/innates that allow for cap removal/addition. You know, like what happened when Battle Weight was added. I'd think Monks would at least get some lee-way there.
I can't use my heavy tomes with my 13 str and it makes me salt so much. :c Please.
Point made, specially at the movement caps.
-BKs shouldn't be affected by it, or something like that.
...or just remove it like Fern said and go do a wonderful work on Lamia race.
I'm pretty torn on this because I think high Movement negates the usefulness of some skills designed to give superior mobility, such as Voidgate. Obviously you still have to contend with things like field hazards when you're just using movement, but yeah. I never really enjoyed the sight of people getting enough Move to run across the entire map in 3M.
Maybe the issue isn't with Movement being too low, but ranged physical (guns, bows, etc) being too long-ranged.

maybe someone should make a balance-fu thread about that (and tomes being ridiculously heavy)
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9677#p9677 Wrote:MegaBlues ยป Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:58 pm[/url]"]Maybe the issue isn't with Movement being too low, but ranged physical (guns, bows, etc) being too long-ranged.

maybe someone should make a balance-fu thread about that (and tomes being ridiculously heavy)
how about we stop trying to make physical completely useless and magic completely broken

Honestly, this sounds more like a kiting issue than anything. Adjusting the movements to, say, 9-11-13 would be a start. Scaling the BW movement penalty based on armor type (i.e. Heavy takes quite a bit more to lose even more movement, whereas Unarmored will punish you more if you push your BW over the edge) would help with the inevitable 'BUT I'M BUILT FOR HIGH BW' problem that heavy armor users will run into, without allowing STR to become a dump stat for at least a few builds.

I would also suggest that more anti-runaway tools should be introduced for melee, if necessary.
Pages: 1 2