NEUS Projects

Full Version: Dual-Type Weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe the dual-type weapons could do with a buff because:

[Image: taabylS.png]

- They're rather weak for 9* items, sharing 9 Base Power.
- They all have the same power despite being different weapons yet keep their weapon type's accuracy. Which is particularly bad for some of them, especially the Axe as seen in the picture above.
- Demon Hunter's skill Martial Lawbreaker invalidates some of the usefulness these weapons have.
- The Fist/Dagger does not mesh well with Void Assassin abilities. (Skills like Deadly Arms and Backstab don't function with it making it not particularly useful.)

I'd suggest bumping up the Base Power of all of these weapons, especially the Violet Varon. As well as the Weapons being able to gain more benefits from their counterpart. (e.g. Fist/Dagger being compatible with Deadly Arms and Backstab.)

Cobalt Qyrtrs (Fist/Dagger), 9 Power -> 12 Power
Red Argus (Spear/Axe), 9 Power -> 12 Power
Black Xyston (Sword/Spear), 9 Power -> 14 Power
Violet Varon (Axe/Sword), 9 Power -> 16 Power
Agreed, I don't remember the last time I've actually seen anyone using one of these.

I'm pretty sure I suggested making both weapon expertises apply to them (basically +5 damage/crit), but it never happened.

I also think having them share the same stats (other than accuracy and weight) is silly.

I also wish 'qualified as' meant more than 'lets you activate skills', because with the way it is now, we have things like Argus being able to use Dark Imbue because it's an Axe skill but not applying any of the effects of it because it's not actually an Axe, and the Deadly Arms example above.
I've adjusted them to behave as if they were both weapon types for things like Power, Hit, Crit, Backstab, and so on. We'll see what that does for their usability.