NEUS Projects

Full Version: Ghostier Ghosthands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to discuss the possibility of Ghosthands being able to get rid of the momentum reduction from hitting a resist, I'd rather gather a few thoughts about this kind of idea

1. Ghosthands will completely ignore resist message momentum reduction for skills that use a weapon (IE: Stuff like Basic Attacks, Sidecut, Chaser, Turnover, Crystal Rose)

2. Ghosthands will completely ignore resist message momentum reduction for all skills

I like the idea of the first, but put the second one in anyway, discuss?
I actually like the first one more.
No.
you wanna use an element, you gotta deal with the consequences, baby
If Pierce/Blunt/Slash is considered an element to you, then we might as well all run around with Akashic/null weapons
the only time you're going to run into pierce/blunt/slash resist is if you're going against someone using a sakayana and three cloth pieces to resist one element, or a grand summoner (which is an entirely different issue)

so the real point of this would be to nullify the penalty of using extra elemental effects. which, again, you should just have to deal
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10288#p10288 Wrote:Chaos ยป Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:14 pm[/url]"]No.
To clarify:

You are asking for a hand item that gives both +2 CEL and negates some effects that activate on getting hit to also ignore the Resist! penalty. No, that is far too strong.

I am not against an item that spits in the face of the Resist! penalty. However, that kind of effect is incredibly powerful; it will not only guarantee full turns against everything that isn't Ryemei crits or Knockdown-happy, it will make Combination Fighter's stream of attacks unstoppable. This kind of effect should be left on a brand new, high-rarity equipment. Perhaps with a drawback or two to even it out.