NEUS Projects

Full Version: Turn Timers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As it stands, the turn timer lasts for roughly 5 minutes (I may be wrong but, that seems about right). In PvE, this can be excruciating if a person you were partying with just up and AFKs for an hour with no warning, or, worse, AFKs just enough to not warrant booting them (see: coming back after losing a turn or two).

In PvP, this can sometimes not be enough if people are wanting to write RP for every action they make while also trying to decide what action to take.

So, I propose two things.

1. A Turn Timer setting in Preferences, to be used in PvE. Probably just 'slow medium fast' or something, like Monster Speed.

2. A Turn Timer option when sending a PvP challenge. Pretty much the same thing, but preferably displaying the exact time given.

So, any thoughts, suggestions? I think this would be helpful for both PvE and PvP in the long run. Whether it be for longer or shorter timer expirations.
Yeah, I like it.

Suggestion: The PvE one could go by Party Leader's preference, to simplify stuff.
As far as I know the time limit is 2.5 minutes.

I'd probably just recommend not partying with someone you know is likely to AFK part-way, but I can think about adding a reduced time limit for people who have had their turns expired by it, until they finish a turn normally. So if you AFK and your turn gets skipped, you only get 30 seconds, or some such.

This is a bit of a hard subject to tackle though because any attempts to make AFK party members more tolerable to deal with will result in people abusing it to level AFK friends/alts unless I make it to where AFK party members don't get battle rewards.
It's pretty easy to make a computer program skip your turns for you anyway, so that's a moot point.