NEUS Projects

Full Version: Mage Masher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, with all of the new fun things the base classes are getting, I'm kind of sad that Mage is being left in the dust.

Are they going to get some skills replaced, at least? A Tier-2 Electricity spell? Some value-tweaking? Making Enchantments worthwhile?
I'm thinking they should at least get some tweaking like other classes, even if they don't get new skills.
Tbh, summoner and mage should get some stuff worked on. Like giving summoners some skills for fighting with all torso dead, or on low fp. Something to combat other summoners, etc.

In that vein, adding some tweaks to mage is cool. Making some of their skills (see stone Dragon) not suck would be nice. Enchants are quenching as is, for a select few. Movement and the like, especially against foes that simply can't hit the weakness they give.
Maybe. To be honest, Mage has some more interesting interactions already, like Fir exploding with Nerhaven and Magnetize stuff.
fir exploding with nerhaven is okay, but it's not as great as the new stuff that's been added.

absolutely no one uses astral belt or the magnetize stuff. people really don't like to use enchantments in serious play, afaik.
The only enchantment people use in the current Meta is the str wil one for more nukes, or the movement one, for obvious reasons. No one uses them outside of that because of how downright atrocious the negatives are for very little benefit. Also astral belt is trash abd generally a waste.
We don't talk about Astral Belt. They're watching us...

But yeah, most of the mage skills are... comparatively pretty bad to the other base classes. Some tweaks would be nice. I feel like if enchantments are going to give such a large weakness to their opposing element, they should at least come with the advantage of making mage (not evoker/hexer) skills bypass some resistance to their element. A Fir ignoring up to 25% Fire resistance when enchanted with Narhaven, for example, without falling into negative resistance.
Actually. That's kind of a nice idea, Zakizo. If it *only* works for base Mage skills, that would totally bring in a lot of 'balance' to mages being counter-built and completely useless against people who build against them, and since it doesn't actually take people into negative resistance (just nullifies 25% unless Dev screws up the coding), that'll actually make characters that focus on a certain element all the better for it. They won't suffer the negative.. NEGATIVE penalties...

I'm actually all for that, surprisingly.

Buff Stone dragon tho. Plz
As with other classes that got some love recently, it may be wise to wait for all of them to be updated. One can easily spot that the classes are getting inherently stronger, (Sometimes to stupid levels, but that's what the quick springing topics "this is broken" are for.) Propose tweaks when we can tell better by how much.