NEUS Projects

Full Version: Sear Tiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sear Tile Damage is apparently triggering Soldier Kraboid's Physical DR.

Towering Soldier Kraboid takes 141 Fire damage.
Towering Soldier Kraboid's turn.
Towering Soldier Kraboid's turn.
Towering Soldier Kraboid attacks Tiny Fawn Girl with Soldier Klaw and hits them!
Tiny Fawn Girl takes 42 Pierce damage.
--- ROUND 1 ---
Sly Silver-Haired Male recovered 3 HP.
Sly Silver-Haired Male recovered 2 FP.
Tiny Fawn Girl recovered 1 HP.
Tiny Fawn Girl recovered 2 FP.
Towering Soldier Kraboid takes 13 Poison damage.
Towering Soldier Kraboid takes 0 Fire damage.

Which sort of means that the Sear Tiles are counting as PHYSICAL damage.
all damage that isn't intrinsically magical is physical. like poison. or raging flame auras.
Right. So it needs fixing, because Matador gets buffs from it, etc. Also it doesn't trigger against VA Voidveil, etc.
Sear tiles deal physical damage. This is the way it's always been. I guess it could change for Sear tiles only, but cinders are also physical. So who knows.
Sear should definitely be magical, at the very least.

I'd say Cinders should take the type of whatever caused them, but they're fine the way they are if that's too much work.
Cinder Tiles are all dependent really. Were they caused by Magical Dragon Firebreath that you conjured from a youkai? Probably magical based. Were they conjured from a Hyattr carpet bombing? Probably Physical.
Sear are now magic damage, cinders are physical. Might change in the future to be specific to the source but I wouldn't bet on it.