NEUS Projects

Full Version: Re: On Sentences Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I don't particularly like the current system, adding a "oh you get your hand cut off" sentence isn't exactly ideal either. Both systems are negative in their own right, and putting it in stone that "Oh you keep attempting theft? We just cut both of your hands off" isn't exactly the best in the way of RP. Nor is it really fun/fair to RP for the person afflicted. If a character is a thief and is caught stealing numerous times, the immediate answer shouldn't be so medieval. So I'm not really down for either of these.

I'd prefer if minor crimes didn't stack against you. So if you have been arrested for, say, 3 major crimes before, and go in for a minor crime ( I don't know, maybe threatening to pummel someone's face in ), you wouldn't get the entirety of your Major crimes added to it. If you committed a Major crime after wards-- here I'll just make it simple by listing.

3 Previous Major Crimes
Commit 1 Minor Crime
Time Spent in Jail; 1 Minor Crime.

3 Previous Major Crimes
1 Minor Crime
Commit Major Crime
Time spent in Jail; 4 Major Crimes.

Basically, have categories stack, but not with eachother. So committing a lot of major crimes means your next major severely gets you screwed over, but committing a minor crime won't put you in jail for 5 years ic because you stole from a dude, or told him that you'd beat him down.

Got any thoughts? Shoot em.
I'm still off the opinion that the jail system can remain as it is as long as the areas where SL2 is sorely lacking (plot progression in general, villains, etc) are worked on. However, if those areas aren't addressed, then yeah I think your solution fits nicely.
i dont see this doing anything to alleviate the problem that causes people to stick to their safety groups, where they wont get penalized for breaking the status quo
While that's true, Blues, that's also just society as a whole; people form their own little communities among themselves because not everyone gets along. Friendships and all that. If somehow, one friend attacked another, like maybe if they were drunk or just really, REALLY having a bad month and the other was just making it worse, the odds of that crime being reported are far lower than among strangers and/or people with animosity towards one another.

So, doing so in RP (sticking to your cliques, I mean) makes infinitely more sense than "RP WIF ME, RANDOM STRANGER!" Let's face it, random people accosting you for conversations IRL often just come across as creepy and unwanted. A friendly exchange with a cashier is one thing, but some random strnger coming to your table at a restaurant, sitting down, and trying to chat you up would likely be met with a threat to call the police if they refuse to leave. (I mention this exact example since it's happened to me IRL AND in-game, and was equally as uncomfortable both times - except the one time it ever happened IRL, the person actually left when asked, while in-game it happens repeatredly, and once in particular was a guard insisting they weren't doing anything wrong and had every right to sit down at someone else's table and interrupt personal discussions for their own interactive desires, what the actual fuck.)

Basically, what I'm saying is it's actually good roleplay to stick to your circles. So it's not like we can fault that.

EDIT: Fixed some typos. I REALLY need a new laptop since my keyboard is shot and it's not registering my USB ones anymore. I need to Ctr + V every h I post because my h is broken, so I often hit shift instead, and some keys are occasionally accidentally pressed alongside nearby keys due to damage, like the N hooking on the B to make "Inbteractive." And sometimes my L doesn't work on the first press. It's a very old laptop and it really shows. Sorry if I missed any of these. >_