NEUS Projects

Full Version: [Phenex] FTA Toggle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This post will be outlining a roleplay reason for this change. And yes, disclaimer, I've just been waiting for the right time to talk about this so I don't come across as a broken record and annoy everyone, because I've brought this up before.

A post about the "omfg freaking please" purely gameplay aspects was made months ago here.

Basically, due to the FTA mechanics, Phenex are stupidly fragile in RP since anything that deals damage has a chance of "killing" them and triggering their ability to burst into flame and be revived instead of dying. A friendly, nonlethal spar sees Phenex erupting into flame with a simple tap. While this could easily be treated as just getting your second wind, the issue remains that if the fight DOES suddenly turn lethal, you cannot trigger your FTA later when it's actually your life on the line, which is dumb.

A few examples that have personally happened to me over the past two years:
- Being accidentally killed by my own sibling in a sibling rivalry scrap.
- Being accidentally killed by my own lover for suggesting something stupid as a joke.
- Accidentally killing my own sibling while trying to pin them down while they were mentally unstable and trying to escape to do who knows what.
- Completely canonically dying in a "nonlethal" spar since CM Vydel ("nonlethal" my fat hairy ass) + being reborn from flame and ash = scattered too far to reaistically work. (Yes, I have 4 canonically dead characters.)

... and so on. The first two were due to the old "full FP" mechanics and not actually using any skills because not wanting to hurt the sibling or lover, though.

For the love of helondis, make it a toggle. Simply being knocked on your butt shouldn't make you erupt into flame (and wasting all that FP just to immediately die again anyways when in a position that you cannot immediately escape from, like Sear tiles, or if surrounded in PVE.)
Nowhere does the skill mention 'lethal' damage. 0 HP is not death. It's incapacitation.

Making it a toggle wouldn't be a simple change, nor do I think this issue is large enough to warrant it.