NEUS Projects

Full Version: Static Statics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was recently in the Shilo Water Caverns and got teleported to a completely closed off area. And Fangs was there.

Considering Static Dungeons are the only ways of hunting down bosses without going through entire BDPs to get to the core, and bosses can spawn anywhere, even in areas you can only teleport to if lucky, might I suggest we gradually release a fixed layout for each Static instead of the current randomization which can have completely inaccessible areas?

Advantages:
- You can make more quests for said dungeons when they're not randomized. Much potential to be had.
- Can imitate the feeling of more unique dungeons. For example, Salamander's Den could be more like Chinotoa 2F (Err... B1?) than a Fire Altar.
- Makes them more accessible as a grinding area when you don't get lost in 1 tile wide corridor hell.
- Would prevent a distracted player from forgetting it was a static and going nuts looking for Stairs/Core.
- Would avoid completely closed off areas, door hell, etc.
- Guaranteed to be able to escape without wasting Alga Plumes since there's no core to get one back.

Disadvantages:
- Would undoubtedly take work to make and implement.
- Some may prefer the more randomized nature for prolonged/repeated grinds (read: repetitive.)
- Did I mention the work? Because that's worth mentioning thrice.
- A boss room could make the boss spawn predictable and easily farmed, if that route is taken.
- I'll mention the work a third time.

It's not a priority or anything, but slowly trickling these out over the next several dozen updates could be nice.

Thoughts?
No, Ranylyn. I want those damn bombs already.
But yeah, your idea is sure whatever but BOMBS