NEUS Projects

Full Version: [Query] Protect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So. As of current, Protect actually doesn't do anything to the effects of a basic attack. If a VA "Cutthroats" your ally. The basic of the attack will target you instead, as per normal. However the effects of said attack will go to the original target. A cutthroat will still silence (and potentially KD) the original target. A Sonic Shell will still give Hesitation/Silence to the main target.

Is this intended? If so, can it be changed because it makes absolutely no sense.

I'd like to see protect actually working against basic attacks in a realistic sense. If someone cutthroats, and HITS your friend. You proceed to hop in the way. It should run a hit proc against them. If they dodge the attack, you shouldn't protect. However if they don't dodge it, you immediately intercept the basic attack and all its affects. No longer can you "protect" someone from a hit.. then immediately dodge because your Dodge is stacked high and somehow that allows you to protect someone from a bullet to the back.. by jumping infront of it (except not really. you sidestep it)
[Image: Katana+s+are+obviously+better+than+any+e...71d236.gif]
See. That would be cool. Except the person getting hit still takes the on-hit effects.

And it requires a shield.

Which means that you are, in fact, jumping in the way of the attack... or at least blocking it with your shield.
or we negate all of the on-hit effects, say it's a parry, then be done and done
Possible, there's no easy way to make protect 'redirect' the status applications, so maybe having it block them altogether would make more sense.

Discuss.
can we have protect be able to stop autohits, but not Metalaegis' protect of course.

Maybe a part of bulwark? If you're facing the opponent attacking your ally with an autohit, the autohit is redirected to the one with protect instead?

Also I agree, a tank should be able to stop their squishy from getting cutthroated.
Well. If they block the status application altogether, you get weird effects.

You don't get levels of burn/bad wounds. You don't get pulled/KD'd. No hesitation/Silence. A lot of weird.. 'issues' appear. I kind of like it though.