NEUS Projects

Full Version: Ether & Snakescale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I wanted to propose a change to the materials Ether and Snakescale.

Currently both on armour are very bad at only +3 fp/hp respectfully. At that point, why not just make it iron? As it is iron tier.

Ether changed to: [strike]+10%/5% of total fp (I think this is fair considering most average 200-250 fp bringing it to around 12-15 extra fp; while liches would look at 25 at around 400 fp. Mages fall between. Not a major impact, but better than flat 3. This is at 5%)[/strike] +3% total FP (stacks additive with more pieces)

Snakescale: [strike]+10 flat HP,[/strike]+5% Poison res.

Thoughts, comments, opinions.

&& I just realized you could have technically three to four instances of this bonus. I adjusted the values as reflected.
If I can stack poison res, I officially have no reason to ever not play a wyverntouched character ever again. Just saying.
if you're stacking poison resist, ((3 pieces required to be snake scale) alongside losing your 2nd accessory slot to sayakana.. ((or golden glow which locks you into that class).

You have Body, Feet, Off-hand, Accessory 1.

Which means that 3 of your 4 slots have to be snakescale. Which means you're somewhat decent against taking poison, but shit everywhere else.

Don't even start this, Ranlyn. People will still play WT because their stats are ridiculously god and they could murder a ton of people simply due to their high STR/WIL. ((ALso just because you won't play them doesn't mean no one else will lmao))
"Don't even start this? People will still play WT even if you don't?" WT is already one of my favorite races purely for the higher chance to get Str/Wil with my luck and the benefits to poison, even before you get into the potentially interesting RP that can stem from the fact that poison still hurts them and people expect them to cure their own afflictions by taking it on themselves. It has nothing to do with me not playing them. If anything, WT is my most played Serpentkin, and Serpentkin are my most played category of races almost entirely due to WT.

My reason to not support this has to do with literally every single poison gimmick build I ever come up with getting nerfed into the ground because people get butthurt. (For example: Before Wraithguard and Drowned Woman had people clamoring for their nerfs, I used a Ghost/GS to mitigate damage taken, to always keep the poison/rising game benefits.) And...? I'm tired of it. From a balance perspective, all these changes make sense; WG and DW install were simply OP if built for correctly. But from an RP perspective, why do they suddenly suck? Why do they suddenly need to abandon their existing skillset to cultivate a new one? As someone who RPs every aspect of my characters, this destroys characters and is why I have 15 keys.

So, simply put... I'm scared. Scared that allowing any form of poison resistance gear will make people clamor for WT racial poison resist to be nerfed.
if snakescale's bonus is negated by menov's fang, then sure. More on this later.
I'd be fine with Snakescale just having a better scaling HP boost, +10 per piece would suffice to make a difference, since 5% resistance is still about the equivilant to 10 damage nowadays, doesn't need to be anything fancy like %s or whatever, same with Ether FP imo, +10 per piece.

Upping the numbers would be enough to call them valuable materials.
Or change it into recovery a round. +3 Armor +1others
Actually, Spoops, I'd like to point out that bonus FP doesn't make peope stick to a wisp cloak over a Ninja Armor, and that's 30 FP vs 5 evade, or "uber ether vs breezecloth for torsos." One big reason why Leviathan is such a used enchant is because it's more accessible and available when compared to a lot of really good torso enchants. Sure, traits like exceptional Will are worth more than +1 in one stat, but I really don't think +10 hp is even remotely worth it compared to 5% Elemental resist when the elemental resist regularly reduces damage you take by over 10 in a single turn.

I don't think that'd actually make it a valuable material. Unless some kind of underground low-level PVP scene emerges and items like that are the meta for it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Breezecloth evasion is only for torsos. Updated.