NEUS Projects

Full Version: Resource Download Bug 'Fix'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever had that annoying problem where you disconnect from the game for some reason, and then BYOND makes you download -all- of the game's resources again? Well don't worry, there's a solution that helps you avoid this!

Problem: As far as I know, this happens because your byond.rsc file becomes corrupt (for some otherworldly reason). BYOND notices that and technically makes you create a new one, pretty much.

Fix: Go to your BYOND folder, then open the cache folder. Make a backup of this file:

[Image: 6VJMoDU.png]

Save it anywhere that isn't the BYOND folder. Some place that you will remember.

When BYOND makes you download resources again, just close the program completely and replace your byond.rsc file in the cache folder with the backup you made at some point. It should work as long as the backup file is not very old.
For me, personally, it would only be a bit faster than just waiting for resources to redownload. This would be useful if someone experiences this issue daily, but since that isn't the case for me, I don't see myself having to resort to this tactic.

Great topic, though!