NEUS Projects

Full Version: Great Reckoning Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Please do not overlook this matter, this one is serious and needs to be dealt with

The equipment tab, I don't think players should be able to view other people's equipments, it causes metagaming and well, I forsee it only causing problems in the future.

'Oh I see you're a holding a rebelling fullgust and have general dodgy stuff, that must mean this is a wind mage, lemme just go ahead and equip my breezecloth sylph cloak and cloak of many colors'

This will happen, eventually it'll just be people holding all types of specific elemental resist gear.

Or can it at least be a toggleable option like guild badges? Equipment should at LEAST be private, GMs have a equipment view verb for conflicts and problems do they not?
"Spoops" Wrote:Please do not overlook this matter, this one is serious and needs to be dealt with

The equipment tab, I don't think players should be able to view other people's equipments, it causes metagaming and well, I forsee it only causing problems in the future.

'Oh I see you're a holding a rebelling fullgust and have general dodgy stuff, that must mean this is a wind mage, lemme just go ahead and equip my breezecloth sylph cloak and cloak of many colors'

This will happen, eventually it'll just be people holding all types of specific elemental resist gear.

Or can it at least be a toggleable option like guild badges? Equipment should at LEAST be private, GMs have a equipment view verb for conflicts and problems do they not?

Completely agree. Let's not encourage powergaming moreso than it already is.
So, has anyone sat and done the 1-60 run on a fresh character on the test server yet? I'd be interested to see how that is effected, but haven't had time for The Grind. You may end up making some difficult stat choices that would force you away from an "optimal" build or something. From what I've seen and done myself, it looks like commonly people grab their 60 which has all their skills, talents and traits and just grabs the stats, but you may not be able to progress without putting points into stats you would never touch because X enemy is near impossible to kill with your build as it is. Then again, there's always trailing behind someone stronger on Training Day. Still, might be important to look at since new players are a thing and I don't think I've seen plans for a stat reset item.
"Spoops" Wrote:Please do not overlook this matter, this one is serious and needs to be dealt with

I am aware of this concern, however it will likely go ahead as it is for now. I have plans for it and some of the upcoming reworks of other systems that will give you the choice to ease some of these worries.
Fair enough, also I might add one more thing, is keeping track of your murai and racial skills in your character menu all accounted for yet?
No, racial skills will be in the skill board interface and murai will be in the inventory interface when I convert them. Murai still shows up in all of the relevant interfaces, though, and you can check your racial skills in battle well enough, so use those in the meantime.
Hey, it's local ooc, thanks for the addition, but one little minor thing could be added for clarity sake, can Local OOC place your character's alias/name in brackets after your key?

ex:
Spoghetti(Raven-winged Ranger): Does anyone have a spirit hunter for sale?
Hey. So, I know this has been discussed before but. Currently there is a toggle for the "Mainbar Font" between the Dragon Caps and Arial font.

Can this, as a whole, also apply to the Character Info screen? It is a rather large annoyance to actually try and figure out what numbers are which, especially with poor eyesight.
"Rendar" Wrote:Hey. So, I know this has been discussed before but. Currently there is a toggle for the "Mainbar Font" between the Dragon Caps and Arial font.

Can this, as a whole, also apply to the Character Info screen? It is a rather large annoyance to actually try and figure out what numbers are which, especially with poor eyesight.

As someone who does suffer from extremely poor eyesight that glasses can barely fix, I second this.
I don't think I like the cool downs for skills. It sort of kicks to the curb builds which don't have many offensive skills (AKA healer builds and general support builds). I know the whole point is to cease skill spamming and that healers don't have much of an offensive arsenal to begin with, but this cooldown system seems a bit too punishing in my eyes. Not everyone has a bunch of great skills they can use on their target to make up for waiting three to who knows how many turns for one of their best skills to kip up again. And it having to be three of your turns is also a bit excessive as well.

I can understand not being able to use the same move in the same turn, though. But, if this system is going to be implemented we should be able to, considering we won't be able to use it for enough time for a melee build to shred through us in 4 momentum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8