NEUS Projects

Full Version: Great Reckoning Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
byond://96.28.20.249:10001

The beta test is currently live. Here's a summarized list of changes, but please see the original topic for more details:
  • Stat distribution system and interface implemented.
  • New examine system and interface implemented.
  • Stat effects have all been implemented.
  • Farshot Penalty and Flanking Bonus have been implemented.
  • Weapon scaling for each weapon has been implemented. It should be reflected in the item description.
  • Racial base stats and racial skill effects have all been updated for the new system.
  • History traits and Legend Extension effects that boost growths have been changed to stat bonuses.

Please use this topic to discuss changes in the beta version that you like or dislike or aren't sure about.

Please use this forum to report beta bugs:
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=2798
I want to immediately express how much I LOVE sanctity scaling racial benefits. The amount of diversity you've just given to different members of the same race is insane. It's. Fantastic.
Always the sadistic one, I'll start with ooone big beef... the portrait dimensions have gotten even smaller. They were 275x400 before, and making images fit those dimensions was usually impossible without at best cutting off significant parts of many images, or at worst shrinking them to the point where they no longer meet the height dimension and therefore end up stretched and unsightly while also losing a lot of detail. I've noticed that you added a maximum file size for image uploads for portraits, so I hope the current width dimension won't be sticking, and can be restored to what it was previously (though I believe a little extra breathing room would be much better).

Apart from that and the difficult to read font on the character window (even though I love the style, it's not what I'd want to read a lot of important information in), I love the changes to the interfaces. Knowing that I'm not risking a virus by opening someone's description is always welcome, and seeing the totals of things we used to have to not be lazy and do actual math to figure out for ourselves is convenient. I and some others have had a bit of confusion with the display updating in odd ways when sorting stats, though I'm unsure if it's a bug or if it's intentionally removing/adding certain modifiers from the calculations and stat totals when you start/stop sorting. Some clarity on how it's supposed to work and what modifiers shows/doesn't show would be helpful.

It's probably too early for me to say much on the balance front. It'll take awhile to try everything, as well as make sure everything's interacting as intended in the first place, so the most I can say is that I'm relieved about grinding finally having an end in sight, and that personally I've felt no issue with the 3 stat points per level so far. I was able to make a pretty balanced spread with it, and I like things best when not in excess, though I'm sure opinions on that vary. I'll hold any further thoughts for the time being. Great work!
HEYO! Sderp here with what you requested Dev

Mugendais

41 WIL 40 Sanctity

12.3 (WIL) + 28 (SAN) *1.5

60 POWER GOING IN

10 (+6 Upgraded) (+5 Rustic) Power Tome

13 FIRE
14 ICE
30 WIND
31 EARTH
12 LIGHTNING

become

16 FIRE
17 ICE
37 WIND
38 EARTH
15 LIGHTNING

5 IN ALL MANCIES

so...

21 Fire
22 Ice
42 Wind
43 Earth
15 Lightning

VERSUS 2 RES JAMMER

FIR (+12) - 103 Damage (WORKS)
EXPLOSION (+20) - 111 Damage (WORKS)
VYD (+9) - 121 Damage (WORKS)
AP (+18) - 130 Damage (WORKS)
RYE (+10) - 95 Damage and 91 Damage (OFF BY 1 POINT AT PB?)
ISENDO (+10) - 131 Damage and 123 Damage (WORKS)
SD (+5 per square) - 148 and 118 (WORKS)
MIU (+10) - 102 Damage (WORKS)
FAMIUGA (+19) - 111 Damage (WORKS)

This was a fun thing to work on and get sorted out. Most if not all of it worked out perfectly. The only caveat was that sometimes it was a point off in some cases. We also tested with a proper element tome with each and got it to working so, that was good.

On another note, since a lot of races got rather overpowering racial things (see: Vampire/Kaelens getting even better, etc) and MECHANATIONS receiving a nerf (Elemental Resistance), where exactly can we see Mechanations and Humans coming forth in the meta? As of right now, I'd prefer to play one of the races that just gets an obscene amount of extra stats over say... "High aptitude" (See: 4 for an Onigan Human).

If anything, I'd like to see Mechs and Humans start with something like 8 Aptitude, or even 10 to signify their utilitarianism and diversity. It would be neat. Thanks for all the hard work!
BOY HOWDY. Let's get to talking about magic though. It's still one of the most easily resistable things in the game, and with Rampaging/DELETE DEFENSE skills existing that stack alongside just getting natural HITS on someone, evokers (and mages in general because god forbid being an actual mage and trying to fight) fall short each and every time.

--- ROUND 0 ---
Tiny Fawn Girl's turn.
Tiny Fawn Girl's turn.
Bored Elven Mistress's turn.
Critical Hit! Bored Elven Mistress attacks Tiny Fawn Girl with Repeating Crossbow and hits them!
Tiny Fawn Girl takes 156 Pierce damage.
--- ROUND 1 ---
Tiny Fawn Girl recovered 1 HP.
Tiny Fawn Girl recovered 2 FP.
Bored Elven Mistress recovered 3 HP.
Bored Elven Mistress recovered 1 HP.
Bored Elven Mistress recovered 7 FP.
Tiny Fawn Girl's turn.
Tiny Fawn Girl gets back up!
Bored Elven Mistress recovered 3 FP.
Bored Elven Mistress takes 424 Wind damage.
Bored Elven Mistress takes 10 Slash damage.
Tiny Fawn Girl's turn.
Critical Hit! Bored Elven Mistress attacks Tiny Fawn Girl with Repeating Crossbow and hits them!
Tiny Fawn Girl takes 165 Pierce damage.
Tiny Fawn Girl takes 237 Pierce damage.
--- ROUND 2 ---
Tiny Fawn Girl recovered 2 HP.
Tiny Fawn Girl recovered 2 FP.
Bored Elven Mistress recovered 3 HP.
Bored Elven Mistress recovered 2 HP.
Tiny Fawn Girl's turn.
Bored Elven Mistress takes 70 Earth damage.
Bored Elven Mistress takes 96 Darkness damage.
Tiny Fawn Girl's turn.
Tiny Fawn Girl's turn.
Bored Elven Mistress attacks Tiny Fawn Girl with Repeating Crossbow and hits them!
Tiny Fawn Girl takes 162 Pierce damage.
The battle has ended.

Just a tiny excerpt of the fight where I had to Charge Mind then fire a wind slasher (which took 9 M), in which time the person literally ran within 15 squares of me, pulling shot me which KD'd me, and I got my turn (at 4M). Because I was so close, running was impossible because of what #Arbalest does in general. So you stand up, fire (hope that you can kill but no. They have 800 HP so you do half their health)...

Then you promptly get blow back cannoned into Aerial Razor (-20 defense aka -20% DR). Now, I'll remind you that I had 33 defense. Which is, before the -20, pretty decent. I know Magic is still sort of in the dumps as of right now, but I'm unsure of how to even remotely fight anything as a mage whenever I get to go first and still wind up just dead because 600+ damage in about 3 hits.
Heya, I'd like to express my quick concern about the Gigantys, a weapon that I've always had a fair bit of love over, My concern with this weapon is that the strength scaling, albeit a bit high, is not enough for what the weapon wants to do, it wants to hit very hard, and thus it has a low hit rate as a result, I'd suggest raising the strength scaling to 110% or even 120% perhaps, after all, you have to spend 4m to strike with it, making it almost impossible to hit twice with in 1 round due to it's low crit rate.
Beyond forcing me to re-do all my profiles, the thing that bothers me the most about the new descriptions is the Equipment tab. I don't like people being able to read all your equipped items at a glance, on top of being able to examine the items themself to see their enchantments/weapon parts.

Otherwise, I haven't gotten to doing much number crunching yet.
I literally have nothing to add besides "This is a good thing overall."

The different weapon scaling on different weapons facilitates more build options (Such as a Low Str/ High Skl Duelist thanks to weapons that scale with Skill, etc) so you have a lot of leeway and options. The only Spelledge Weapon I got to test was the bow, but it's 60% Wil/Skl scaling meant it was no longer essential to raise Str to get damage with it, opening a whole world of possibilities (giving mages a ranged physical option to bypass elemental resist without needing to pump up Str and hurting their other stats, etc) and I really like that the stronger characters will now be the more clever and resourceful with their builds instead of simply those who got the luckiest.

Of course, there's still a lot I did not get to test, like Sanctity/ Racials. But I'm excited to test them later.
Question for you: Does the new change to defense cause it to reduce damage from poison?
Hey Sup, can it be possible to change the font of the stats interface? Something more readable and clear, rather than fancy and looks cluttery on it's current Background.

Also the background in question is nice but it's very cluttery in a window that is supposed to immediately be clear to the player, can we have the old stat window look back? Simple blue background with a readable white font.

[Image: aabd88204a.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8