NEUS Projects

Full Version: Great Reckoning Update Notes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the other topic was getting cluttered I decided to make a new one for beta updates.

---
Skill Conversions:

Soldier (Protect)
Lantern Bearer (Phoenix)
Youkai Evoke skills, where appropriate. (FP scaling costs down, damage formula is now caster's 100% + (Youkai Level/25, *100)% Elemental ATK. At level 60 this is 340% of Elemental ATK.

Monster Conversions:

Jammer Race (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Omega)
Spatial Race (Terror, Corrupter, Ravager)

- Corrected Power calculations for gun attacks.
- Corrected Power calculations for weapon skills.
- Antiquated traits Lady Luck and Style Blending should be removed upon login.
- Arcane Potion's effect changed to 'Basic attacks deal magic damage and STR scaling turns into WIL scaling, but weapon power is reduced by 50%.'
- Material effects that could deal elemental damage on hit have been changed to give a bonus to elemental ATK.
- Adjusted layer for new examine and the new stat panel so they don't overlap horribly.
- The examine interface should now work properly with monsters and youkai.
- Guild name and icons don't show up in the examine interface if your guild is toggled off now.
- The game should now pick the most optimal casting tool you have equipped (if you have multiple equipped) when casting a spell.
- Rampaging enchantment adjusted to 25% of Weapon Power, to a maximum of 50% of Weapon Power.
---

Currently up, will be up until I decide I don't want to keep it up. My current to-do list is thus:

Code:
* I need to add weight to hands, legs, and accessories and make them impact your battle weight. Should be very simple.
* I may want to add sound effects for the new interface.
* I need to add (unique) weapon scaling to monster weapons, and youkai weapons.
* I need to adjust enemy skills to the new stat system.
* I need to finish adjusting enemy stats to the new system.
* Respec fruit with some sort of anti-abuse function.
* Clicking a stat in the interface gives a description of what it does.

Since we're approaching the final steps of conversion, please be vigilant, test, and report bugs that occur. Furthermore, I am interested in how the above enemies perform; are they too strong, are they too weak, are they good how they are? Please post your thoughts in the discussion topic, as it will help me adjust the remaining monsters.
1.58j
---
  • APT adjusted to give +1 to all other stats per 6 points.
  • Faith adjusted to give 1 Critical Evade per 1 point.
  • Stat points per level increased to 3.5
  • Introduced a gradual soft-cap falloff.
  • Lucky Amulet critical damage reduction decreased to 10%.
  • Added a profile music autoplay preference option.
  • Added a chat notification when you level up.
  • Space Ray now receives weapon scaling as intended.

The soft-cap falloff is rather complicated but in essence, it means stat points spent near the soft-cap are worth more, while they fall off harder and harder the higher you get into the stat.
---
Monster Conversions:

Undead Race (Barghest, Sliding Zombie, Spectre Knight, Corpse Hand, Spectre, Gigas Rex)
Goblin Race (Red Gorgon, Goblin Spear, Goblin Shaman, Goblin Giant)
Beast Race (Scarebear, Critter, Vorpal Rabbit)
Parasite Race (Pale Lauder)
Fireblood Race (Forgery, Wings of Fire, Firespitter, Firefox, Lava Slime)
1.58l
---
Monster Conversions:

Ocean Races (Sand Shark, Electrojam, Fangs, Soldier Kraboid, Sand Kraboid, Delver)
Snakeman Race (Snakeman Knight, Snakeman Mage, Snakeman Sniper, Feathered Serpent)
Bandits (Bandit Bruiser, Bandit Archer, Bandit Gunman, Bandit Backstabber, Bandit Leader)
Guardians (Winged Guardian, Shadow Guardian)
Godchildren (Kinu 1, Kinu 2, Hugo, Seto, Ashe)
Random Arena Combatants*
* These are mostly generic stats. Most likely, after everything is done, I'll add more 'specialized' and specific NPC combatants with unique stat builds and such.
Note - These should be all of the monsters in the game. If you notice one that has no stats, please let me know.
Another Big Note - If an enemy is doing little damage with its skills, it could be a bug. If an enemy is doing a huge amount of damage with its skills, it could be a bug. If you notice any suspicious totals, I encourage you to ask if something is an error.

- GUI, SAN, and APT now show up in stat examinations.

Please confirm the version number before reporting issues.
1.58m
---
Associate Conversions:

Engineer Robots (Turret, Metalaegis, Medibot)
Shine Knights
Mercenaries (Alma, Zoria, Reynes)

- Added weight to hands, legs, and accessories equipment items.
- Added weight to item descriptions of hands, legs, and accessories.
- Added sound effects to the new examine and stat distribution interfaces.
- Added mouse-over tooltips to stats (which displays the base as well as what the stat influences), and to the various listings on the right side of the stat screen (Phys. Def, Flanking, etc) that say what they mean.
- Increased base Battle Weight to 5 (from 0).
- Lightning critical base multiplier increased to 110%.
- BUG: Phoenix now gets its proper scaling and displays it in the rank text.
- BUG: Self-Detonate no longer deals 50,000% Fire ATK by mistake.
- BUG: Lunar Lunatism shouldn't charm enemies who don't have a line of sight for you.
- BUG: Marching Band should now give its 3000kb limit when uploading music.
- BUG: Create Shade wasn't able to be resized at max rank.
- BUG: Snakescale was still giving Nagas HP regen.
- BUG: Examining players during battle caused the area theme to play instead of the battle theme when you stopped examining them.

---

There's one last thing I need to do before this is ready to go to live, which is a minor thing. Please check for oversights, imbalances, bugs, and all of that good stuff, because aside from adjusting for those, this is what we will be moving to live.
1.58n
---
- Base physical and mental stamina changed to 50 + base VIT/WIL respectively.
- Ryeser no longer affects targets at 3 Momentum or less.
- Soul Chains's FP recovery prevention is now treated as if the target were Intefered, meaning Dullahans can resist it.
- Geldoren changed to -1 DEF/RES per Rank.
- Aerial Razor changed to -1 DEF/RES per Rank; status power no longer gets boosted.
- Shatter Beam changed to 1+1 per 12 Terrasque levels.
- Vamp Shell changed to half of High Power for its Overcharge effect.
- Noshka's Famine, Crippling Muysig, and Frailty of Credwa now reduce the stats they affect by 2 per Rank (instead of 4 per Rank).
- Install's Affinity statistical boosts are capped at +1 for non-Youkai.
- Sanguine Crest bonus changed to +1 to the appropriate stats per 20 Essence (from 15).
- Northern Wind bonus critical reduced slightly.
- Backstab bonus critical reduced to 2*Rank.
- Poise bonus critical reduced slightly.
- Fitting Form bonus critical reduced to 2*Rank.
- Wazabane bonus hit and critical reduced to 3*Rank.
- Keyshot bonus critical reduced to 5*Rank.
- BUG: Hellfire Uorate should now properly ignore all bonuses to RES (except APT).
- BUG: Blue Steal wasn't stealing FP even if successful.
- BUG: Lunar Lunatism wasn't granting immunity to Charm, Hesitation and Fear.
- BUG: Golden Glow was behaving incorrectly.
- BUG: Battle Weight baseline changes didn't take.
- BUG: Heaven Kick's Urawaza was centering on the wrong target.
- BUG: Bare Fists didn't have a critical multiplier.
- BUG: Superiority wasn't functioning properly.
- BUG: Shinken projectile wasn't using martial lawbroken weapons.
- BUG: Life Drain was being reduced by Stillness, Darkness.
1.58o
---
- Added looc command for local OOC. This means that OOC text should NOT be put into say or emote anymore, unless absolutely necessary to communicate with someone who has OOC off.
- Added Fruit of Fluidity to the Asago shop for 200 Asagorians. Can be used to reset your stat distribution while maintaining character level. (Nearby characters are told you have used this item.)
- Cripple Arm STR/SKI penalty reduced to -1 per Rank.
- Cripple Leg CEL penalty reduced to -1 per Rank.
- BUG: Terra Strike was not dealing Earth magic damage when ki was available to do so.
- BUG: God Rod wasn't functioning properly.
- BUG: Lunar Lunatism wasn't curing Fear, Hesitation, and Charm on use, and was giving its old stat boost.
- BUG: Lunar Lunatism was applying its Fear effect when someone hit you, instead of when you hit them.
- BUG: Parting Shot was teleporting you behind the enemy instead of jumping away from them.
- BUG: Energy Laundering wasn't usable.
- BUG: Monster skills that didn't have a weapon specified and weren't a spell weren't receiving damage from weapon scaling even though they had weapon scaling.
- BUG: Guns mutated into bows weren't using scaled weapon power even though they weren't using the gun attack.
1.58p
---
- Removed innate status infliction bonus from having Cursed/Doomed weapons equipped.
- Minimum status resistance is now 0%.
- Clarified the Hexer skill Payback's description and rank text to show it reduces Status Resist instead of giving Status Infliction.
- Converted Youkai to the new stat build system after realizing it would be difficult for some of them to utilize their skills otherwise.
- Affinity skills no longer mention growths.
- Expanding Ice can no longer hit a single target multiple times.
- EXPERIMENT: Adding skill cooldown for all skills. After using a non-basic skill (ie, Move, Attack) the skill will go on a 3 round cooldown before it can be used again.
- BUG: Page numbers were being updated for all people examining a profile when the page changed, instead of just the person changing the page.
- BUG: It was possible to click equipment outside of the appropriate tab when examining a profile.
- BUG: Youkai weapons didn't have critical damage.
- BUG: The previous fix for the Marching Band size limit wasn't working.
---

So, we're entering the last few days of testing. Everything seems to be stable, the bugs are starting to come in slower, and so on. While we're here, I wanted to test the skill cooldown system I've had kicking around in the background. The main reasons for this sort of thing existing is to make 'spamming one skill' or repeatedly doing the same thing every turn less oppressive and have windows of opportunity for counter strikes and so on. You are encouraged to leave feedback in the Beta Fu forums about it; do you like it, do you not like it, do you like it but think [x] needs tweaks, and so on. Depending on what people think, it may or may not ship along with this update on Sunday when the first part of the Great Reckoning hits live finally.
1.58q
---
- Local OOC now displays character name/alias instead of your key.
- Armor of Eyes no longer negates the GUI Flanking bonus.
- EXPERIMENT: Default cooldown for skills reduced to 1 round.
- EXPERIMENT: Added cooldown to a skill's double click description.
- EXPERIMENT(?): Cooldown for Lunar Lunatism changed to 6 rounds.
- BUG: Classes weren't giving stat bonuses.
- BUG: Dark Invasion wasn't receiving its 2x multiplier for having Cursed/Doomed weapons equipped.
- BUG: Retreating Swipe with Galren was overwritting the bonus damage received from other sources.
---

Barring any showstopping issues, this will be going up on live one way or another tomorrow.