NEUS Projects

Full Version: Swapping your X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There has been a lot of complaints over how the Equipment Tab allows people to see what you're doing and take advantage by swapping their equipment on the fly. This is a very valid concern, not only for the whole 'abuse' part, but the lack of explanation as to why, for instance, a character threw off their Ninja Suit and then donned a Bodyguard with no visible notice.

I would like to suggest something that can work towards solving this issues: Whenever someone equips or changes their non-Weapon Equipment, a relevant message is displayed for everyone within a moderate distance:
Quote:"____ swaps out their armor."
"____ swaps out their gloves."
"____ swaps out their shield."
"____ swaps out their shoes."
"____ swaps out an accessory."

While it would not be an absolute solution, it would make attempts to take advantage of your opponent's equipment on sight impossible without letting everyone else know, while also making sure that people aren't completely blindsided by someone going and swapping their outfit without notice.
Why non-weapon equipment? I would notice if someone sheathed their sword and pulled out an entirely new sword.
Definitely support this,would be more willing to keep the Equipment Tab if this were an actual mechanic.
"Egil" Wrote:Why non-weapon equipment? I would notice if someone sheathed their sword and pulled out an entirely new sword.
It is possible for someone have more than one or two weapons on their person, as well as not drawing any weapon until a fight actually happens. It also brings up the question, 'why do people just automatically notice the concealed weapons that i'm either swapping around or simply focusing more on?'

Weapons, I feel, would be better off getting their inclusion when Talent/Trait reworks hit (or show up on a beta server). Of course, if the potential for abuse in silently swapping weapons is far greater than the potential for good, I have no problem seeing weapons prompting a, "____ swaps out their weapon(s)." message as well.
Dyst inadvertently gave me the idea when I was reading part of the GM Questions Thread with "If in doubt, go by damage type to see what's sensible" or some such....

ANYWAY, what it the weapon switch only proc'd when:

____ changes their weapon. (
I whole heartedly agree with this.

Accessories could put out a WEMOTE.

Everything else could put out an EMOTE that you changed it.

This is mostly because certain people have been swapping out accessories and gear to counter peoples build as of late.
With a bit of subtlety I could see it, but I really don't want stuff like this filling the talking channels in an otherwise busy area, +1 if you can achieve that.