NEUS Projects

Full Version: LOOC Faceicons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now, I know the first person to look at this title is going to say 'but then we're just making the whole point of LOOC null and void!!'

No, I'm not suggesting we completely nullify the very point of LOOC by having them display faceicons like normal say. I'm not that dumb.

What I'd like to suggest, in order for LOOC to be more prominent in addition to having its color changed from normal OOC as someone has already suggested, is that LOOC be given its own Faceicon size toggle. This was mentioned to me by someone else, and frankly, if it were an option rather than something forced upon players, I don't see much of a problem with it.

I would suggest LOOC be given Faceicon size options as such:

None / Small / Big

Full doesn't sound like a very good option to me, and I imagine putting four buttons into the current options window would just be more of a hassle. So these are what I'm suggesting.

The point of this suggestion is not so much 'I would like this' but moreso 'Some people may like this while others may not, so instead of letting them butt heads about do or do not, here is what I suggest.'

If you are someone who would like this, I would appreciate the 'Yay' to give this suggestion more grounds for existing. Thank you.
I think the OPTION to have them for every player would satisfy everybody, since I know a few people've been arguing over it. If we have the option instead of the forced addition, I think everyone'll generally be more content with it since, I know I'm one of those people that recognize icons better than names and some people have a worse time with it, but some people just refer the names and feel better that way.
So it'd at least be pandering to everybody.
(Maybe make it so it's the default icon only, too? It'd cut down on a bit of [strike]memes[/strike] *cough* clutter.)
1+.
So long as I can keep them off to minimize the diruptions to RP, I have no issues with those who want them getting them.
+1, face icons make it easier to recognize who's LOOCing.
I mean, takes what, 1 second to know who's X? The FI makes the 1 second, 0.