NEUS Projects

Full Version: Promoted Class Unlocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can this not be a thing? It'd be less effort if Promoted Classes unlocked when a character hit the required level. That'd save people who don't know how to unlock stuff a cool 10 seconds of checking the wiki/asking in OOC. I know class unlocking adds flavor, and I know Pizza Hunter is locked behind story content, but it gets lame real fast when you can't remember how many tiles constitute an L for unlocking Black Knight.

yep
> but it gets lame real fast when you can't remember how many tiles constitute an L for unlocking Black Knight.

lmfao

Class unlocking is definitely annoying. +1
Given that classes don't actually give you growths or anything anymore, I kind of agree that it's pointless to have them locked now. I mean it's neat and all I guess but I think nobody considers unlocking the classes IC or anything and it usually keeps them from being in-character until unlocked so. /SHRUG
Ehhhh, I think it's -less- of a problem now that growths don't exist anymore... At least now you're free to grind as much as you want before unlocking your promoted classes, rather than making absolutely sure to unlock and equip them at -exactly- level 20 to ensure your pre-LE stats aren't garbage. Hell, you're probably going to get your base class(es) to 35/50 anyway, might as well do it before getting all the cool skills.

And a lot of people generally remain OOC until they hit 60 regardless, for whatever reason, so that still wouldn't help much.

Neither for nor against, really, just putting that in there.
Most of the ways to unlock a class are not that difficult -at all- to unlock. The only one there's a -slight- (and I mean SLIGHT) argument for, which is Demon Hunter for being unlocked via completing, get ready for it....
THE STORYLINE.

*queues dramatic gasp*

Sure, you can argue it's not worth having to unlock them since you no longer get Growths dependent on the Class but that's kind of short-sighted. You're ignoring the fact you still get access to new/better skills that you can use in conjunction with the ones from the previous Class.

TL;DR: Do NOT remove Class Unlocks -please-. :evil: More features/content should equate to -some- form of effort involved in it (and I'm using effort as a loose, and I really do mean LOOSE, descriptor).

Edit: I'm sorry if you feel like I want to slam the brakes on this band wagon attempt but that's because I do. Q_Q No hard feelings but I just don't feel like there's enough of a reason to constitute removing Unlock Requirements outright.
I'd be all for this if only to cut down on the people who have to RP everything 100% literally and were invited to join the Black Knights for moving in an L shape. I wish I was joking about these people asdfghjkl

(And being able to unlock MG with an archer destiny, without needing to LE for it)

That said, these are my only reasons and otherwise I agree with Exxy.
I would like to ask why you don't know how a Knight moves in Chess, because that's exactly what's needed to unlock Black Knight.

I see no real reason to remove the Promotion Class unlocks. It might have had some logic under the Growth system, but that ship has sailed.

I would, however, be on board for Destiny automatically unlocking all available Promotions.
If I would advocate for anything to be changed, it would either be as Chaos just said, Destiny unlocking all available promotions, or specifically, changing unlock requirements so Destiny can actually unlock all their promotions without the need for LE (as far as I know, that only applies to Magic Gunner, but I know very little outside a few classes.)
Would definitely be on-board for a Destiny-unlocks-all-related-advancements kind of thing. +1 Chaos

Edit: Yay, ship references continued!
Destiny unlocking all classes in that tree would solve the problem of a destiny archer literally not being able to unlock magic gunner, +1 to that idea.