NEUS Projects

Full Version: [Mechanic] Uprooting Vs. Legume (Installs)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to see a mechanic that allows you to uproot Legumes (AKA disrupting Ingrain) for so many turns via Skills like Repel/Urawaza'd Geldoren (Knock-back), Dense Thunder (Knockdown) or Rising Tide, Burn-Up, Leaping Serpent, etc (Airborne).

The Status would most likely be called "Uprooted" and would read as, "Prevents the party under effect of this to be unable to use Ingrain for (x = level) turns." With the duration lasting anywhere between 2-3 rounds (maybe 3 from Airborne, 2 from other methods listed).

EDIT: Grave-digging this to propose a nerf to Install (Legume) abusers.

[strike]We should also be able to create plant-killer to fernicide the whole world.
+1
By the way, give 'exact' numbers for Dev, not 'maybe'. Balance-fu comes after applied suggestions.

Small Edit: I agree with 2 rounds.
Uprooted: This character has been violently uprooted and can not ingrain. Lasts 3 rounds.
I like it! I think 2 rounds would be the best route, though.
I don't see why it's necessary. It's not like it's hard to knock them out of Ingrain, and that's the only thing they can do.
Cause Summoners with legume install with DH aka Winged serpent/Burn up+Slower than you, are a bitch to fight I assume? I doubt it´s only about the normal monster.

Probably some other builds that are equally silly to fight against.
... Then why not just make it so if you go Airborne...

You get uprooted and take a good amount of damage because you just forcibly ripped things off of your body.

Check and mate.
"Shujin" Wrote:Cause Summoners with legume install with DH aka Winged serpent/Burn up+Slower than you, are a bitch to fight I assume? I doubt it´s only about the normal monster.
If it's about player usage, I believe it can be solved without nerfing Vampiric Legume. Perhaps, for example, making Immobile a lot less easy to slap on and then bypass with (insert one of many skills that move the player here).
Originally this wasn't about the PvP portion of the concept (purely thought up from the PvE part of the spectrum)... Although if only a portion of the ideas mentioned could pass, the Airborne portion (that causes deroot-damage) and possibly make the Immobile status it triggers to be a little harder to bypass (read posts mentioned in thread already) that would be something worth settling for.

Regardless, I stand by the OP.

EDIT: Made small edits.
How about with players using legume's ingrain we simply hard code it so it cannot be bypassed by any skill whatsoever period, that means no movement, no blink, no winged serpent or whatever else, because it's meant to be used as a skill to lock yourself in place and at max level literally leech a free thirty hp per turn per enemy in range... with no reduction whatsoever... that's very powerful in my eyes and if you can keep moving towards someone while leeching like that it's not a very good balence. As for the PVE spectrum, yes, I agree this would be a more realistic thing to add.
Pages: 1 2