NEUS Projects

Full Version: My Taser, My Love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ixkD0An.png]

That's currently how that shell works. It's the most underused shell because all it has to offer is damage, while every other shell has some sort of meaningless effect that can be applied in certain situations. Frankly, Chain Shell isn't worth setting up for with Overcharge nor firing off with normally. Thus, I propose a single change:

Quote:Bonus: (2*Bonus Effect Power)% chance to inflict Stun

At Rank 5 Charged Shot and Rank 5 One Overcharge, this creates a 24% chance of stunning with an Overcharged Chain Shell instance along with an above average amount of damage, which is comparably weaker to an Arbalest's Blowback Cannon (If their sub-weapon is good) but is still viable since it does not take as much setup or luck as a Soldier's Charged Strike Turnover. I believe this would give the shell usage without making it OP, as becomes a high-risk, high-reward shell.

Thoughts?
No way, absolutely in no way, not even in a chance that anything else in the game should stun, stun itself is such a powerful status effect, it is able to win you any match purely because of what it is, blowback cannon itself is already a huge offender.
I've defeated Arbalests that use Blowback Cannon, though. Stuns can be game changers, sure, but they don't guarantee victory anymore than a well-planned Knockdown does.
Light Tomahawk was changed away from Stun ages ago because it was stupidly broken whenever it did happen to proc. Chain shell's purpose is burst damage to multiple enemies, while Sonic/Celsius might outshine it for their utility on top of the damage they deal, Chain shell isn't entirely useless.

Stunning people doesn't guarantee victory, but odds are if you can't beat someone after stunning them multiple times, you couldn't win anyways. It just makes victory much more likely, especially when neither side is (passively) extremely tanky, losing an entire turn can decide who lands their metaphorical rocket first.

If this does somehow become a thing, though, it should definitely be the High Charge effect, not the bonus effect, that way people can't just Spark Drive to passively stun people.
Maybe if the stun worked like Vorpal (Upon Critical Hit), plus being High Charge only. So a 'really lucky' Overcharged Chain Shell crit would stun.
Personally I think stun should be removed from the game, I still disagree with this entirely.
Unfortunately (for the thread topic), I fall in-line with Spo's opinion on Stun in general. No love, no how.
Well, atleast I do know where this is coming from. Just because this is a turn-based game. Losing one whole turn is pretty OP.

But still imo, stun shouldn't be removed and just reworked. I may have stuff in mind for it, but eh.