NEUS Projects

Full Version: Vorpalicity 3.0? [Discontinued]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:NOTICE

Despite Kameron's counter-point (on and off forum) I would like to discontinue the topic for the time being but keep it present for future reference if any are made on this subject.

That being said, I am no longer pushing for this to be an actual adjustment.

After a recent update, Vorpal was made to ignore -all- Defenses. I'm more than tempted to say this was a rushed adjustment, but let's not waste time with the overall thread concept.

My suggestion is this:

-Make Vorpal ignore -half- of the end-Defense values, not all as it now does.

OR

-Make Vorpal ignore Armour and bonus DR/Defense and Resistance that are gained through Skills such as Wraithguard, Painproof, One-On-One, Weathered Body, etc.

But a 2,000th "Why Diz?"

Just. Too. Much. I'm sorry, but it is.

EDIT: Made a small clarification. Screenshots are with non-VA pairing and no debuffs present:

[Image: 1a6c872a7bfe417ebfffb0033f120046.png]

[Image: 881636ec1d4641789605e7605b1a147d.png]
Nah.

1- Vorpal is a chance in a chance. There's a crit chance. (which got nerfed already in all classes.) Then there's a MINIMAL vorpal chance in a crit chance. If you get Vorpal Striked, it was just your extremely bad IRL luck, not the game's fault.
2- Vorpal Fang vs Back, just hide your back like any smart person would if fighting a VA.
3- Bleached Fang + Black Knight, you negate two in one! Rest in pieces Vorpal and Crit.

pls dont kill me diz, just being real here
I assume the only thing people are truly thinking about when it comes to Vorpal is the ten star dagger, Fang. I've been using the weapon since the Great Reckoning, with nothing but offensive stats, and it honestly does not feel as if it has drastically changed anything. Without ludicrous amounts of luck (both in real life and the stat), you will not beat down tanks with consecutive Vorpal Strikes. In a world where everyone and their grandmother's pet dog Chico is a tank, I'm actually thrilled that some classes can hurt tanks that previously could not. You certainly don't have a great chance at winning even still, but it's something.

If you find yourself getting overwhelmed with bad luck, I recommend grabbing a Boneheart enchant and protecting your flank. Before the Great Reckoning, I would Vorpal Strike tanks for less than ten percent of their max health. Nothing about that is fine. If this has no relation to the dagger, and the 10% chance on other weapons is what seems like too much, all I can really say is I disagree.
I disagree mostly because the only ever offender of vorpal strikes is the Vorpal fang, which still puts it in your favor to not get vorpal'd and there's always a good way to counter the fang by just protecting your back.