NEUS Projects

Full Version: Time Shenanigans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The passage of time ingame has always been a minor inconvenience that people have dealt with in their own ways, but there's one current problem with it that I feel needs to be addressed: Leaving an event to go to completely different areas and then return to the same event with more people.

The issues that arise from this occurring include (but aren't limited to):
- Villains are unable to accomplish anything substantial when reinforcements for their targets arrive within 5 OOC minutes
- More people than the event planner anticipated arrive
- A large number of players are often excluded because not every event can entertain a dozen or more people at once
- Every event involves the same characters, instead of there being an uniqueness among what every character has experienced
- The more people there are, the more memes and OOCing that goes on

Why don't you just talk it out with players who do this?

Because it results in an argument every single time and then they usually just keep doing it anyway. If players could be trusted to handle things out amongst themselves, then there wouldn't be a need for a majority of the current ruleset. Namely, the twinking rules.

So, simply put, I'd like for there to be a new rule made: "Once your character is involved a serious situation, whether it be just players interacting each other or an actual event held by a GM, you may only leave with the intention of returning or informing others of the incident if you wait one OOC hour to interact with another character in IC and then wait another OOC hour before returning to the incident. This rule can be waived if all players involved agree or the GM running the event decides that it isn't necessary."

With this, you'll no longer see an event going on in the arena involving only six players get crashed ten minutes later by thirty additional players from Cellsvich.

Thoughts?
To be honest? I'd like if we had the travel times for people going Horseback, Walking, RUNNING, and stuff like that between different areas.

How long does it take to get to the SHRINE from the ARENA? What about the SHRINE to Tannis?

And, of course. The infamous. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO LAW'S END FROM ONIGA?
I agree with Egil's rule suggestion, because man have I had that problem when I go a-villaining.
I do agree that travel times are a little short at the moment. At some point, I do want to make the world map bigger, decrease travel time over it (to give portals some use besides land hopping) when going on foot, and such.
Scale the map up to ten times its current size. Reduce overworld speed to 50% of normal speed. It'll give more area for more BDPs to spawn that way, too. Perhaps give players an overworld toggle for trying to hurry, allowing movement at 75% of normal speed, at the cost of some physical stamina every step -- the March talent can have a subtalent to reduce the cost.

This would also serve to solve the "you're miles away from me ICly but you're somehow in earshot" problem that the roads near the arena have.
"Esther" Wrote:Scale the map up to ten times its current size. Reduce overworld speed to 50% of normal speed. It'll give more area for more BDPs to spawn that way, too. Perhaps give players an overworld toggle for trying to hurry, allowing movement at 75% of normal speed, at the cost of some physical stamina every step -- the March talent can have a subtalent to reduce the cost.

This would also serve to solve the "you're miles away from me ICly but you're somehow in earshot" problem that the roads near the arena have.

Good idea, but currently I don't think we're capable of handling increased map size along other things. --I'm hoping after a Great Reckoning to Mechanics we'll have a Great Reckoning to World Aesthetics. ;c
Or just make walking on the overworld be at 25-50%, lower the visiblity range to 5-6 tiles.... If someone wants to move faster they can spend Physical Stamina to start running at 50-75% speed. If someone runs out of stamina in this sense, they are afflicted with EXHAUSTION which causes negative momentum and shit in combat. #INJURYSYSTEM. Might even smack you with incapacitation soon-enough if you keep trying to push yourself.

If you make the map twice as large, or even 3 times, give us that. And give us ways of faster travel on the overworld. (Horses, Camels, Cart & Buggy.)

Shit like this would make travelling faster, but exhaust the animal and the like.