NEUS Projects

Full Version: Burn Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, what with so many things being stopped by immobilize now, it seems weird that Burn Up would remain an exception, considering it can be paired with Winged Serpent as easily as Leaping Lizard. Which is blocked by immobilize.

Not to mention Burn Up > Winged Serpent has been a huge issue since Skyburn was even introduced.

I don't really want to make Immobilize even more powerful, but, I also don't want Burn Up to be even stronger than it already is. So having Immobilize block Burn Up would be a start.
Burn Up should certainly be stopped by immobilize, and ideally immobilize will be tuned down in some way in the future.
Agreed with the OP, Burn Up should stay 'down' with Immobilize. Atleast Screamer has a reason to be left untouched, if you know what I mean.
"Snake" Wrote:Atleast Screamer has a reason to be left untouched, if you know what I mean.

I don't know what you mean, actually. I would much rather see Screamer restricted by Strangling Etacof, but Silence replaced with a LV-based failure chance for magick, like a specialized hesitation. Or at the very least, using the Screamer skill could let you cast spells ~through~ a Silence for the rest of the turn, but it would not ~remove~ the Silence (and thus, the Etacof DoT), and it would need to be used every turn before casting.
It does 10%-20% max HP damage to cure silence. The damage gets affected by enemy's Absolute Death/Hunted/Analyze Weakness... Kek, that hurts in the current high HP meta.
I suggest discussing Screaming Tome in another thread if you really want to! Just to avoid derailing.

That said, I do think Burn Up should be stopped by Immobilize (and hopefully weaken the latter a bit sometime later). Agreed with the OP.