NEUS Projects

Full Version: Spirit of the Dante
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can Matador, Cobra, Reaver, and Desperado stance be removed from the pool of available white spirits (And subsequently, players who currently have them)? Because of Gradient Blur a beefed up stance will just give you momentum for free. Demon Hunters can cycle stances and gain 4 momentum for nothing.
Agreed, free momentum for snapping fingers and saying nonsense colored words? Hell no. Thanks Kam for remembering this gimmick, that definitely shouldn't exist.
Technically they're not giving you any momentum, they're just not costing anything and then triggering gradient blur (which gives you 1M). Instead of just removing them from the pool, I'd recommend changing it so gradient blur doesn't trigger if the base M cost was 0. That way you can still use stance spirits for some high-level combo nonsense by switching to a stance for free, then back to it later for 1M (normally, without spirits, it'd be switch to it for free, then back to it for 2M).
I don't think it should be restricted for these skills. The only issue here is that it lets you get negative momentum; so rather than negate all possible usability cases for the skills (for example, 2 ranks and 1 spirit boosting it), it's much better to just cap the Momentum for the stances at 0M. So that's what I've done.
No uh, the problem was never it being negative momentum, the problem was gradiant blur will restore 1 momentum, so if you had 4 stances +1'd, you could activate each stance for +1m, This could be fixed by just capping the stance skills at 1 momentum at ranks 3+ I think.
Uh, I think it may be bugged then that spirits consume sp to give their boosts. Otherwise why would anyone go rank 2 with a spirit?
It works a bit differently internally than what the games says in skill descriptions, but rest assured that you won't gain any momentum for swapping stances with spirits anymore.