NEUS Projects

Full Version: Thunder Hooves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thunderhooves, as of the reckoning, have been one of the strongest shoe slots and for good reasoning, when you deal lightning damage you will gain electrocharges, and a large quantity of such too, as much fun as I've had with builds like this, I have to admit that they are very OP and it's finally time to see them be toned down I believe.

We all know the problems of 1m movement, but thunderhooves movement is completely free movement for dealing damage, the effect where you can walk around and gain electrocharges is really no problem, as it's telegraphed and is something you might have to go out of your way to do.

The point that I'm trying to lead up to is, with a build primarily centered around multiple instances of lightning damage, which is very common nowadays (Elemental Augment, Abberation Spear, Ryesers, Swift enchanted skills, Rye, Ryemei, Overload etc.) you can get a free movement off every round, which is not very good because this can be a nightmare to face because free movement is so impactful to the game.

So I think thunderhooves could be toned down to a more managable level by removing the ability to gain charges through lightning damage, it's a bit of a drastic change but I feel it's necessary.
Lightning damage is already potent on its own, this function of Thunder Hooves makes it almost required for any build revolving around dealing lightning damage, and makes said builds even more overbearing in that now they get free movement on top of the heavy critical damage they tend to deal.

Forcing Thunder Hooves to only gain charges via movement makes it much less likely to give the user a huge momentum gain over their opponent, seeing as right now they get free moves just for hitting people as they normally would.
With movement (the actual stat) and movement via skills being nerfed in recent patches, and thunder damage being buffed (hi crit damage out the ass), I feel like this is a welcome change. That, or at the least, it is changed to 1 charge for every 1% of lightning damage you deal (MIN: 1). It makes people that still smack REALLY hard with lightning much more effective, compared to the.. 10% or whatever it is now. Though, if we are all in agreement, I will certainly put my backing behind outright removing that feature from Thunderhooves to let other foot slot items actually have a chance to shine and come to the forefront.
Actually given how movement is now, might be fine just having be somewhere around the lines as Rendar sparingly mentioned.

"Rendar" Wrote:That, or at the least, it is changed to 1 charge for every 1% of lightning damage you deal (MIN: 1). It makes people that still smack REALLY hard with lightning much more effective, compared to the.. 10% or whatever it is now.

For some reason toying or going with this type of idea sounds fine to me. It just seems strange to remove it all together given how the item itself is themed. Outright removing the entire function or 'gain charges' from Lightning damage just seems to ruin that. I'd say finding a way to re-tweak the way charges are gained from Lightning damage, instead of completely removing it sounds like a better idea.
"Stenzio" Wrote:Actually given how movement is now, might be fine just having be somewhere around the lines as Rendar sparingly mentioned.

"Rendar" Wrote:That, or at the least, it is changed to 1 charge for every 1% of lightning damage you deal (MIN: 1). It makes people that still smack REALLY hard with lightning much more effective, compared to the.. 10% or whatever it is now.

For some reason toying or going with this type of idea sounds fine to me. It just seems strange to remove it all together given how the item itself is themed. Outright removing the entire function or 'gain charges' from Lightning damage just seems to ruin that. I'd say finding a way to re-tweak the way charges are gained from Lightning damage, instead of completely removing it sounds like a better idea.

That doesn't really matter imo, removing it outright is the safer way to go, lessening it makes it no better than it is now.
It would take 18 instances (roughly) of lightning damage under 100 damage to get it to provide the free movement. It would still be useful, as it charges up over time (roughly 2-3 turns if you do something like ryeser). However, if you feel that's the way to go, so be it.
Charging via movement is fine, charging via electric damage is 'not' fine, but it can be toned down instead of removed. Or even re-conditioned.

The easiest solution (or something additional to it) for this would be if the enemy procs green text (resists electric damage), it won't feed Thunder Hooves it's charges. The same way Rysers work. (They won't reduce momentum if the enemy resists electric damage).
--So this would incentive people to atleast try to build some electric resistances before fighting a thunderhoover. Since they're expected to use lightning a lot, it would be a double-shutdown and everybody would be happy(salty?).

But overall? It's not necessary to nerf anything, or won't even need to be nerfed if the insulated-enemy-doesn't-grant-charges opinion goes through. (And if Redgull is being overused thanks to Thunderhooves? Just pack some Nerhaven enchant/badge and roast them good.)
But this may just be me, I'm the only one who never had problems against Thunder Hoover users. Grapple is a bae. Wild Grass is a bae.
It's not gonna change how ryesers work with chain shell, its not gonna change how abberation spear works with elemental augment, and changing it to once per round is kind of a meh thing to do.
How about just having Movement/lightning damage only grant 3 Electo. charges no matter the distance moved or lightning damage dealt (only 3 granted once per round from lightning damage. Double-hitting with aberration spear + lightning elemental augment will only granted 3 charges total for the round, etc), and you gain your free movement at >=12 UL? That way, they have use movement/lightning damage 4 times in total to get free movement instead of only twice, normally.
Seems a lot of you just wanna lower the value, although I think that is the opposite of what is needed, I'll listen to a good lot of you, Though I think capping it to a % of the damage dealt just makes Overload > move > overload > move overload insufferable to deal with, and capping it to a lower number makes Ryesers the same way, there is no counter-balance unless you cap how many electrocharges you can gain per round, but even then I still think getting free movement for dealing damage is quite unfair.

That being said, I'd like to hear Dev's opinion on the item as well, given a few of the points brought up.
Pages: 1 2