NEUS Projects

Full Version: On-and-Off-Again with Sanguine Crest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, it's way too easy to tell OOCly that someone in your party is a vampire, when you see their maximum FP jump up as soon as battle starts due to the WIL gain from Sanguine Crest.

Would it be possible to have Sanguine Crest's stat bonus for the current amount of Essence factor into the out-of-battle character window display, and the maximum FP portion of the portrait display? Since Essence is saved between battles, I see no reason why it couldn't be done.
There are far more practical applications of this change, like seeing your proper encumbrance/battle weight/stats in general out of battle, so I support this for reasons that aren't just "being able to OOCly hide your race".
Those too.
This would be lovely.
It would help to clarify things, I hate having to predict and calculate everything, while the game itself could already do it.

Easy way out? Vampire bonuses becoming base stats.
This used to be the case but it changed with the Great Reckoning update, mainly to try to minimize the overhead with the stat lookup proc. Pretty much everything except base stats and item bonuses behaves this way nowadays. That said, I do see why this could be undesirable and somewhat annoying, so I could see the maximum FP proc taking the current Essence value into account, even outside of battle (so it doesn't jump up when you get into battle).
That would solve the max FP metagaming issue, but it would still be ~really~ nice to be able to have an accurate readout on the character window. It already takes into account class passives that grant stat points, like Walk In Darkness, Exposure Tolerance, or Black And Blue. Would it really be that much overhead to take (Current Essence / 20) rounded down to the nearest integer, and add it to the appropriate stats' displays? It would only be seven operations: one division, one cast to integer, and five additions.
Battle Weight is still an indicator of being a vampire, which should be changed or something, I guess.
There is plenty of other OOC things that are gonna give you away as a vampire (Redtail spirits no longer being there is just one). Shouldn't this sort of thing be just against the rules if it isn't already?
Battle Weight only has an effect in combat. Changing the boost to it to apply outside of combat wouldn't provide any sort of mechanical advantage or disadvantage, so I can't really see a reason why it shouldn't be changed.